Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borough League Draw

Options
  • 10-03-2010 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Guys,
    Does anyone on here look after the Borough League draw?
    I had ten tickets for the draw handed to me last night and whilst trying to sell them amongst the team I was told that the draw was actually being made last night also.
    The tickets arrived to the wrong address on Friday and I only got them last night.
    I am not prepared to pay for them out of my own pocket and the club only rasises enough money for buses for away games

Did this happen to any of the ther teams in the league

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 muffin ear

talking to jean yesterday they had to move the draw because a lot of tickets weren't returned on time meant to be doing it tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eat Well

muffin ear wrote: »
    talking to jean yesterday they had to move the draw because a lot of tickets weren't returned on time meant to be doing it tonight
    Well I will be unable to have them sold and in before the weekend, the league screwed up here by sending them to the wrong address so they can pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

they would have been sent to the address that was given to the league on the sheet that had to be filled in before the start of the season that asked what address should league correspondence be sent to.its up to each club to make sure its a valid address.the tickets were posted out about a month ago,plenty of time for clubs to sell them.
    what team are you?

DFD wrote: »
    they would have been sent to the address that was given to the league on the sheet that had to be filled in before the start of the season that asked what address should league correspondence be sent to.its up to each club to make sure its a valid address.
    We had a change of Captain at the start of the year and I personally went down to McKennas to change the address that they had and I know that this was done because the first batch of tickets went to my address and the second went to the address of the captain of the other team playing out of the same pub
    The other captain received them 4 days before the draw and I got them on the night of the draw
    The league have seriously screwed up here, not for the first time.

whats the name of your team?

• Advertisement

whats the name of your team?
    Gallops Tuesday

Eat Well wrote: »
    Gallops Tuesday

all the tickets were sent to john stapleton,to be passed on,thats a matter between you're two teams.the league will be expecting the tickets and money to be in mckennas by tonight.

all the tickets were sent to john stapleton,to be passed on,thats a matter between you're two teams.the league will be expecting the tickets and money to be in mckennas by tonight.
    The league had no business sending Tuesday night tickets to somebody not associated with the team
    John received the tickets on Friday, 4 days before the draw, I get them last night too late to even sell them never mind get them in on time.
    If the committee are going to preach timeliness then perhaps they should practice the same.
    If you want teams to sell tickets then they should be sent to the correct captain/ treasurer at least two weeks before the draw

as i said jean posted out the tickets a couple of weeks ago,she has been sending everthing to the one address for a while now without any problems,why should she change now.

as i said jean posted out the tickets a couple of weeks ago,she has been sending everthing to the one address for a while now without any problems,why should she change now.
    Because John doesnt play for our team, he's nothindo with our team and I dont see him from one week to the next.
    You cannot expect me to pay for the tickets that I didnt get
    John could be on two weeks holidays and therefore both teams get no tickets just sohe league can save a few cent on stamps, If you insist on sending them all together then they should go to the pub not to John's house
    its bad order and we are not prepared to be out of pocket due to the league screwing up.

• Advertisement

i've been trying to ring you but you're not answering you're phone.i'll try again in a while.

i've been trying to ring you but you're not answering you're phone.i'll try again in a while.
    John, you should get a job in Sky Sports on the phones
    "Oh sorry I know I didnt install Sky Sports in time for the game you wanted but you have to pay for it anyway" or sorry Mate I Installed it into your next door neighbours house by accident but that was between you and them to sort out, I'll be expecting payment anyway"
    Put yourself in our shoes here, its a p**s take if ever I saw one

This league is a joke, far too much politics involved After seven years playing in this league I would say this will be the last. I have played in the south county league as well and if nothing else I will say one thing, at least they know how to organise it.

no point in having a go at us,the fact of the matter is your team had those tickets last week,you only been given them on tuesday night has nothing to do with the committee,thats something between yourselves.dont be trying to pass the blame for you're own failings.thats my last word on this matter.

no point in having a go at us,the fact of the matter is your team had those tickets last week,you only been given them on tuesday night has nothing to do with the committee,thats something between yourselves.dont be trying to pass the blame for you're own failings.thats my last word on this matter.
    You screwed up not me, I like the way you mess up and make it out to be our failings The committe is a sham a disgrace and couldnt organise a p**s up in a brewery at the end of the day.
    Dont bother sending us tickets in future in you are not going to send them to the correct address as you wont get paid for those either.
    That is my last word on the matter

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Alright there is no need to have this discussion on a public forum.

Eat Well if you have a problem then give DFD a ring and talk it over between the two of you. It's not fair on either of you to discuss this on a message board that everyone can read.

I'm locking this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement