Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting walkway between Charlesland and Mill Road

Options
  • 10-03-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello everyone,
    I was walking from Eden Gate to Greystones this morning and spotted an entrance into Charlesland just after the 184 bus stop. It looked like the walkway might link up somewhere on the Mill Road. Does anyone know how far the path goes or is it a cul-de-sac? I know that people used to walk through the field to link up with the Tennis Club road, does anyone still do this?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If you're talking about the pathway just towards the end of the wall, that tarmac path follows the stream and then turns left towards the green area between the Wood and the Court. If you're talking about the mud track on the Greystones side of the Three Trouts stream, I don't know where that goes, but suspect it goes into the estate on the other side of the stream from Charlesland.

The Southern Access Road runs past Eden Gate and Charlesland to the Mill Road anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ror101

ya i use that daily its a public right of way thats from the mill road up the tree trout bridge on the road to kilcoole.and people do still take that short cut from the bus stop to burnaby lawns tough there not really ment to.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

The lane on the right hand side of the road just past the three trout bridge is a right of way called the Mill Lane .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ror101

ya the big ruin beside the tennis club is the old mill hence mill road and the mill lane.

Advertisement