Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Media Coverage of The 6 Nations - How the Teams Compare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Goose81

The Andy Powell Golf coverage graph is hilarious,top work on this very interesting!

(Thierry Dusautoir is the captain of France not Szarzewski)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nice work!

Some intriguing stats.

Isn't Thierry Dusautoir the French captain, not Dimitri Szarzewski?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Very good and very interesting!
    Only minor detail is Swazareski but still great!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it.

I should have tweaked the Thierry Dusautoir - captain thing. I based it on the Captain's Call http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/italy/15639.php from the start of the Championship, as opposed to the actual captains in the matches to date.

Does anyone know when and why France switched to Dusautoir from Szarzewski?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

whodini wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it.

I should have tweaked the Thierry Dusautoir - captain thing. I based it on the Captain's Call http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/italy/15639.php from the start of the Championship, as opposed to the actual captains in the matches to date.

Does anyone know when and why France switched to Dusautoir from Szarzewski?

Dusautoir was always the captain, so I guess the question is, 'why did Szarzewski go on the Captains call?' I haven't an iota, but could be club commitments / sponsorship clashes / injury treatment etc.

• Advertisement

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »
    Dusautoir was always the captain, so I guess the question is, 'why did Szarzewski go on the Captains call?' I haven't an iota, but could be club commitments / sponsorship clashes / injury treatment etc.

Thanks Ciaran, I would imagine you're right - Dusautoir must have been unavailable on the day. I'll be more careful next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

whodini wrote: »
    Thanks Ciaran, I would imagine you're right - Dusautoir must have been unavailable on the day. I'll be more careful next time!

Just a stray comment. Really interesting article by way. Thanks for sharing.

Just a stray comment. Really interesting article by way. Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure Ciaran - I'm delighted you enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback and comments - I really appreciate it. I do a report each week, and I am always open to suggestions for the topic. If anything ever comes to mind, please don't hesitate in dropping me a line and letting me know.

You can catch send me a message via boards, twitter or our facebook fanpage

And it doesn't have to be rugby related - any topic that has been covered in the media will work.

Thanks again,

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

there was Toulouse- Clermont the same day or the day after ... so he chose to play for his club ;) and maybe the Staff thought Prince charming would look better on the picture :D

BoarHunter wrote: »
    there was Toulouse- Clermont the same day or the day after ... so he chose to play for his club ;) and maybe the Staff thought Prince charming would look better on the picture :D

:) I can imagine his club may have been a little annoyed if he had skipped a game for a photoshoot alright! Thanks for clearing that up...

• Advertisement

Thanks again to everyone for pointing out the Dusautoir error. I recompiled the captain's statistic, and included Dusautoir as captain. He skips Cusiter into 4th place, but other than that the stats remain the same.

I have updated the report on the website.

Advertisement