Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Couse - MGMT

Options
  • 10-03-2010 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Dave Cause played the new MGMT track last night (he's standing in for Paul McCloon on Today FM). I have to say, it's NOT Oracular Spectacular, but I really liked it. It's way more sixties sounding (IMO), and not as "shouty" as some of their prog-rock moments in the live shows.

He said they were going in a different direction, and you can tell it, just hope the rest of the new album won't disappoint.

Anyone else hear it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 syrupy

Crap, forgot to say, you can download it for free from their US website. Not bad for nowt!

www.whoismgmt.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I didn't like it at all.

But then again I've never been too taken by MGMT. Their singles are catchy enough but I don't feel there's enough substance in their album to maintain my interest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dave Couse.

MehGMT.... boring boring boring....

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I'm liking it, its growing on me. I think the backing vocals are a bit too loud, I can barely hear the lyrics of the song. decent though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

It sounds like Arcade Fire! (with a compuper)
    Not a bad thing. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Just downloaded it after reading this thread :cool:

Definately wouldn't think this was MGMT just listening to it...sounds nothing like Oracular Spectacular......I like it though

Advertisement