Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Products

Options
  • 09-03-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for advice on pension charges.investing about 1k per month standard fee is about 3% and 1% mgmt fee. I've some other pensions and despite the management fee these pensions aren't actively managed (unless i ring the provider fund allocation is unchanged). is it an option to go self administered and go for cash/gvt bonds. How does one go about this.

Comments

What type of pension? Executive, Personal or PRSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I've set up all 3 already, PRSA when i didn't know better (5% cut), last year personal and I've a small one as acompany director.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

for 1k per month you should definitely not be charged 3%. You should get 100% allocation with a 1% annual management charge. Note that the broker needs to negotiate a special deal for 1k mth. You need to find a good broker and TELL him what charging structure you want. At worst you should only pay 1% entry with 1% annual management charge. Irish Life also have the self invested fund with 1% annual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Gr8. any ideas who I could approach. I'm down south

IMHO, unless someone has accumulated in excess of €250K in funds already I think that they should stay clear of self-directed/administered pensions.

If you are comfortable choosing your own investment funds and you know what product you want, you can buy the product (PRSA,Personal or Executive) on-line on an 'execution-only' service basis.

This way, you will not be hit with any entry or exit charges on the product ie. 100% of your money will be invested and you won't get hammered if you want to exit/transfer the fund elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

Self invested fund is available under irish life contract. Provides access to deposits on high st banks for low risk investors. With irish life you can also mix and match from their normal funds ie managed funds AND self invested. Self invested is a great option to have in the long term. You can also buy and sell shares under the plan if you fancy a bet!

IMHO, unless someone has accumulated in excess of €250K in funds already I think that they should stay clear of self-directed/administered pensions.

If you are comfortable choosing your own investment funds and you know what product you want, you can buy the product (PRSA,Personal or Executive) on-line on an 'execution-only' service basis.

This way, you will not be hit with any entry or exit charges on the product ie. 100% of your money will be invested and you won't get hammered if you want to exit/transfer the fund elsewhere.

Advertisement