Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting games

Options
  • 09-03-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Right so basically im getting kind of pissed off always paying a ton for postage for games i get off ebay. So can anyone recommend me a good site or place to get my retro games fix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ebay.

Oh wait.

:(

If you're using ebay 'buy it now' you're doing it wrong.

If you're also bidding before the last 10 seconds you're doing it wrong.

Best thing to do is to use ebay and only bid low amounts. You'll get games for cheap eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh yeah i usually message the seller and see if we can work out a deal. but usually the shipping costs more than the games, but i suppose I'll just have to take it

Master of the Universe

What makes it even worse is that if you live in the UK shipping on games is now free!

Although it did mean that the price to Ireland was dropped a small bit.

There are a few good game websites out there, but the postage would be the same.

The only 'cheap' option is buying stuff in Ireland. And you pretty much have access to the best spots with this forum and adverts.ie. That really is the height of it.

yeah i know, the free shipping thing is great, I wish we had a game deals or somthing here, I'd have no money for food but at least a crap ton of games

Master of the Universe

When it comes down to it, if you really needed to, you could eat the games.

You can't put sandwich in a playstation though. Well, you could but it wouldn't be much fun :pac:

• Advertisement

Sure i can cook steak in my 360, that thing is hotter than my oven!

Mostly I'd be looking for megadrive games, I wouldnt even ask you o1s1n because I've seen you MD collection, but anyone else here whos not that into megadrive games, I'd be willing to *cough* trade some stuff for those.

Have a really bad cough lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

keep your instincts and shop around,look on other sites like amazon uk you can get games for pennies,also try the local ebays and email the seller sometimes they will ship overhere,also just have patience some games that you where always after sometimes come up cheaper,oh and if possible try stick to the euro countries to avoid the change over rate,i picked up a snes today *yes i joined the snes side after all these years..

Master of the Universe

Fred83 wrote: »
    i picked up a snes today *yes i joined the snes side after all these years..

Sellout! :P

Nah, enjoy man. You've a lot of good Snes games to get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

...Emulators and ROMS?

Master of the Universe

Kevster wrote: »
    ...Emulators and ROMS?

GTFO! :pac:

• Advertisement

Kevster wrote: »
    ...Emulators and ROMS?
    :(