Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online PC Doctor Hmmmm

Options
  • 09-03-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just got a call from these lads. Sounded Pakistani or asian descent. They wanted to get into my PC and kindly fix it for me as there were malicious software blah, blah, blah. The caller, a female also re assured me that this was not "a sales call". The further we went into the conversation the more obvious it was that this is indeed a scam that will probably take personal details from my PC.
    I asked for their number so i could ring them back and they gave me a very long number and said it was a dublin number..It isnt, so don't ring it.
    Anyway, just said i'd warn fellow members to this. If you google them you'll see what i mean.

Now thanks to Kenon, i know that i havent posted this properly...Help!

Anyway, be careful out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Thanks for the heads up but its not really got anything to do with Blanch IT has it..?

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

kenon wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up but its not really got anything to do with Blanch IT has it..?

Maybe he's a BIT student? Anyway his info is legit. Big scam indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, this isn't anything to do with ITB, so I am locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement