Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDwaterhouse or Sharewatch

Options
  • 09-03-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi there. Im pretty new to all this stock and shares business but after a couple of weeks of reading up i think im about ready to start investing a few bob on the market.

k a bit of info... Im starting off with the sum off €1000. I plan on investing another grand in a few months as well. All together investing in maybe 3/4 companies (not yet decided which 3/4 exactly). This obviously will be my first time on the stock market. I plan on trading on Irish and UK markets only for the time being. After looking at other companies im sure it'l be one of these to get me started.

I just need to know which of the above companies would best suit my needs. Which is the most customer friendly? Easiest to use? Cheapest? More suited to less frequent, new traders?

Thanks for reading,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Shmee wrote: »
    Hi there. Im pretty new to all this stock and shares business but after a couple of weeks of reading up i think im about ready to start investing a few bob on the market.

k a bit of info... Im starting off with the sum off €1000. I plan on investing another grand in a few months as well. All together investing in maybe 3/4 companies (not yet decided which 3/4 exactly). This obviously will be my first time on the stock market. I plan on trading on Irish and UK markets only for the time being. After looking at other companies im sure it'l be one of these to get me started.

I just need to know which of the above companies would best suit my needs. Which is the most customer friendly? Easiest to use? Cheapest? More suited to less frequent, new traders?

Thanks for reading,

Honest Straight to the point answer.

For online dealing TD waterhouse is the cheapest and good platform.

If you want to trade via phone Sharewatch are the better and less expensive.

I am using TDW myself at the moment haven moved from SW. There phone fees (say in the event you cant get to a computer) are too step compared to SW.

My advice too you would be too go with SW and no account - just the €50 a trade fee.

Regards,
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Zecco online trading- US based - very cheap.. no inactivity fees, no minimum balance req.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kickerr

I think Davys are only €25 for an online trade (once youre investing less than €25,000), and only €15 per online trade if youre a frequent trader (more than 20 trades in a year).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

kickerr wrote: »
    I think Davys are only €25 for an online trade (once youre investing less than €25,000), and only €15 per online trade if youre a frequent trader (more than 20 trades in a year).

+ annual fee.. used to be 100euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭joecc

pog it wrote: »
    Zecco online trading- US based - very cheap.. no inactivity fees, no minimum balance req.

Are these Euro demonitional funds?
    How do you actually fund your account with Zecco, would you not pay currency conversion fees?
    I'm not entirely sure...just wondering...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭joecc

Smcgie wrote: »
    Honest Straight to the point answer.

For online dealing TD waterhouse is the cheapest and good platform.

If you want to trade via phone Sharewatch are the better and less expensive.

I am using TDW myself at the moment haven moved from SW. There phone fees (say in the event you cant get to a computer) are too step compared to SW.

My advice too you would be too go with SW and no account - just the €50 a trade fee.

Regards,
    S

With TD Waterhouse, you have to trade frequently enough, othewise they put on inactivity fees....

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

joecc wrote: »
    With TD Waterhouse, you have to trade frequently enough, othewise they put on inactivity fees....
    Not if your portfolio is over €5,000

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Bullish

I have an account with firstrade.... platform is rubbish.. $6.95 per trade
    I also have an account with think or swim ... probably the best platform around...... Why pay rip off irish fees :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Shmee wrote: »

Thanks for reading,

I'd recommend TD Waterhouse.

Customer service 10/10
    Platform 9/10
    Pricing 8/10

Advertisement