Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Transfer from Lyon to Val Disere....

Options
  • 09-03-2010 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a transfer from Lyon airport to Val D'isere on Monday March 29th, returning Saturday Aoril 3rd. I'm looking for the cheapest one out there, so far the best quote I've got is €575, which it looks like I may have to go with with.
    My mates are on tight budgets so trying to get something cheaper if at all possible.
    Anyone got any recommendations? Bus/rail are out due to our arrival date/time.
    Last time I went we rented a car but thats not an option this time.
    So any private transfers people can recommend would be great!

Thanks.
    Terry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Why is renting a car not an option?
    Have you tried the airport website? Which airport is it? Is St Gerois (Ryanair). €575 does seem like a hell of a lot of money. How many people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I only drive motorbikes myself, and my 2 friends are not interested in driving, and as I have invited them I think it would be a bit cheeky to expect them to.
    Airport is Lyon (St. Exupery) flying with Aer Lingus.
    Its 3 people from there to Val Di'Isere and return for 575, and sadly that offer is gone now as they are booked up.
    I had better start hitting the phones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

transfer by bus is €100 per person return. I flew out Aer LIngus and got a bus that evening, had to spend a couple of hours in the airport though.

Satobus Alpes is the operator, you can buy your ticket at airport

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Taxi's from Lyon are generally pretty expensive there a loads of them on the Val d'Isere website Anyway you could get to Bourg St Maurice than get a taxi from there? Just back from there was a great week.

Advertisement