Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designating function keys

Options
  • 09-03-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just moved to W7 from Vista and have noticed that my shortcut keys for changing the volume/screen brightness have stopped working. I guess the old Sony Vaio drivers were looking after that job. However, I'm surprised that Windows can't do it on its own, or can it? Linux seems to be able to recognise these function buttons, straight out of the box.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

get thee to the sony web site and download drivers

if none you might try reinstalling the vista ones - ymmvg

which model ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

get thee to the sony web site and download drivers

if none you might try reinstalling the vista ones - ymmvg

which model ?

VGN-NR32M

To be honest, I'm quite happy to be free of the vast library of Sony bloatware. How come Linux can recognise these functions?

Advertisement