Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunset Beach

Options
  • 09-03-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,280 ✭✭✭✭

I really hope this gets a repeat soon

I used to love this show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Oh my god I used to love that show. I would regularly skip collage just to come home and watch it!!. Antonio the priest was hot!! Cole was great 2. he was in third watch and now he is on CSI Miami. The storylines were gas. So unreal but rivitting tv. Hope it comes back on the screens.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

It just to be on channel 5 every morning... with a bumper repeat on Sunday.

Many a hungover sunday has been spent watching it...

The story line was always sooo crazy it was the best tv ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Henwin wrote: »
    Oh my god I used to love that show. I would regularly skip collage just to come home and watch it!!. Antonio the priest was hot!! Cole was great 2. he was in third watch and now he is on CSI Miami. The storylines were gas. So unreal but rivitting tv. Hope it comes back on the screens.:D

OMG, I was the exact same,used to run home from college and skip my afternoon class just to see it! I'm sure it used to be on around lunchtime. Good times! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

ADORED this show!!!! :D:D:D

Man the storylines were mad. Remember crazy Vanessa was it?? With the turkey baster trying to get the other doll pregnant so she could have Micahel all to herself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I was only just thinking of this show the other day!

It was brilliant, had the craziest storylines ever.. I think I'd be stuck to the tv if they did a repeat. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Aw yeah, I used to love this. I remember it well, I used to watch it when I was on an evening shift. They used to drag out the scenes at an awful rate. Remember those twins, one evil and one good? The evil one tried to smother someone with a pillow in a hospital bed. It must've taken about 4 episodes for him to get from the door to the bed..
    ..and that woman at the back of the church with a video tape during someone's wedding? That wedding must've lasted about a week, she was hovvering behind the pillar at the back of the church for ages. I know the tape was of Antonio the priest having it away with someone I can't picture her, was it Beth? She was lovely.
    Oh and Olivia, remember her? She was in labour in a cabin in the woods for ages with her evil sister, was it Susan? Ready to steal the child and give it to someone blonde I can't quite remember.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,280 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

This show was all kinds of awesome

They had some sort of Posideon Adventure disaster and the people on the ship were trapped on it and escaping from it for over 6 months

Epic in its awfulness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Oh I remember this! I used to be fascinated by it (was probably too young to really know what was happening, heh).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Ah I loved los Torres, brothers Ricardo and Antonio and sister Maria. Were they supposed to be Italian? Hispanic? I always thought the boys were supposed to be Italian and Maria and the mum, Carmen, Hispanic. But that just raises more questions!

Such a great example of an American soap opera; anmesia, evil twins, people coming back from "the dead".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ann22 wrote: »
    Aw yeah, I used to love this. I remember it well, I used to watch it when I was on an evening shift. They used to drag out the scenes at an awful rate. Remember those twins, one evil and one good? The evil one tried to smother someone with a pillow in a hospital bed. It must've taken about 4 episodes for him to get from the door to the bed..
    ..and that woman at the back of the church with a video tape during someone's wedding? That wedding must've lasted about a week, she was hovvering behind the pillar at the back of the church for ages. I know the tape was of Antonio the priest having it away with someone I can't picture her, was it Beth? She was lovely.
    Oh and Olivia, remember her? She was in labour in a cabin in the woods for ages with her evil sister, was it Susan? Ready to steal the child and give it to someone blonde I can't quite remember.:)

I had to quote myself to correct my mistakes. I looked it up on Wiki and found that it was 'Meg' not 'Beth'(though she looks like a Beth to me). Olivia's evil sister was 'Annie' not 'Susan' and the evil twins were Ben and Derek.:o
    I'd forgotten all about Vanessa, wasn't it her who developed the skin disease because of her boyfriend(Michael)'s evil ex performing some sort of voodoo on her?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

OMG i loved this show so much. It has to be repeated at some stage. It was so addictive. My sister used to ring into work sick so we could watch it together. We still use the code "Sunset Beach" as a day off work.

I loved Fr. Antonio :) and Cole Deschanel ... ahhhh the memories.

It took a whole 14 episodes for Meg to walk down the aisle at the infamous wedding. What with all the flashbacks of Maria and Ben and the fake drowning / boat accident.

Wasnt there an earthquake at some stage also? I used to hate Gabi cause she got to kiss Fr. Antonio and Ricardo. I loved the evil Ben scenes ... how Meg cant tell shes sleeping with someone different :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dromineer

Larkenn wrote: »
    how Meg cant tell shes sleeping with someone different :D

Gotta admit.. Cole and Fr Antonio Torres were the hottest, and I never got that storyline with Meg, like seriously, how can you not tell the difference between the love of your life and his twin brother. God.. can still remember the Meg, Ben and Derek storyline like if it were yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Remember when Gregory "died" and then turned up pretending to be his long-lost brother? As far as I can remember his disguise consisted of glasses and maybe a fake moustache! And he put on a funny voice too! He was in it for months pretending to be Uncle whatever and the man's wife or children didn't recognise that it was really him?? Hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

You can get this on dvd via amazon!

My favourite was Cole sleeping with both Caitlin and the mother (forgotten her name). It was crazy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Dinkie wrote: »
    You can get this on dvd via amazon!

My favourite was Cole sleeping with both Caitlin and the mother (forgotten her name). It was crazy stuff!

i bought 100 epsiodes on ebay! now i want more!!! ill go check amazon!! love this show so much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Was Caitlin's mother Oliva?

I loved this show. The story lines were hilarious - Fr. Antonio's fantasies about his sister-in-law, the curse of the stolen jewellery, yer one putting a curse on Emily to make her blind so she'd have an accident, whatshername Vanessa (?) getting pregnant by a turkey baster and not knowing about oh and the baby swap.

I really want to buy the boxset just to see the Ben, Maria and the otherone (Gabi) triangle. I was on Team maria the whole way. So what if she slept with Ben's Evil twin Brother.

Best soap ever.

I'd totally forgotten that until you said it. He was a terrible actor!

MelanieC wrote: »
    Remember when Gregory "died" and then turned up pretending to be his long-lost brother? As far as I can remember his disguise consisted of glasses and maybe a fake moustache! And he put on a funny voice too! He was in it for months pretending to be Uncle whatever and the man's wife or children didn't recognise that it was really him?? Hilarious! :D

I really wish TV3 or one of it's other two sister channels 3e and Be3 who show countless repeats would air this over the top so bad it was good soap again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really wish TV3 or one of it's other two sister channels 3e and Be3 who show countless repeats would air this over the top so bad it was good soap again

Be3 are showing episodes of Heartbeat from 15 years ago, so you never know... ;)

Did someone say Sunset Beach youtube playlist?
    Enjoy episodes 1 -12!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiFpfpY_hrU&list=PLip33bfIOuFkPUz6NZFEm9P-gkCMaPoyn

Here's 1/3 of episode 1 because the playlists don't embed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

... over the top so bad it was good soap again
    Perfect description
    wyrn wrote: »
    Did someone say Sunset Beach youtube playlist?
    Enjoy episodes 1 -12!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiFpfpY_hrU&list=PLip33bfIOuFkPUz6NZFEm9P-gkCMaPoyn

Here's 1/3 of episode 1 because the playlists don't embed

That was Bosley John Bosley from Charlie's Angels sitting beside Meg on the plane.

It's the sort of thing you'd watch with your finger lightly resting over the FF button, so as to avoid the crap bits and speed it up.

Be3 are showing episodes of Heartbeat from 15 years ago, so you never know... ;)

It is repeat of repeat of repeat with Heartbeat and The Royal but not once a repeat of Sunset Beach

It is repeat of repeat of repeat with Heartbeat and The Royal but not once a repeat of Sunset Beach
    This is unacceptable

eSEMR_.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I'll never get over the ending. Regretted all the hours I'd put into watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Such bad acting and overly dramatic story lines but everyone was a model. Was good back in the day tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

oh my god, Sunset Beach was just the best! Like many, I used to watch it religiously during college, we even had drinking games for it!! 😂 everytime someone spoke into the camera to themselves (while the other character was literally beside them!), everytime Virginia mentioned baster or everytime Vanessa said Martins disease!! everytime evil music came on, we were drunk by the end of each episode...oh they were the best days, must see if I can rewatch

Advertisement