Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router dhcp server

Options
  • 09-03-2010 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

i'm trying to use get the ip addresses assigned automatically for my pc connected to my eircom router (p-60hw)

but it keeps searching for network address'

i assigned the address manually and it works ok

i have dhcp enabled on the router

do i need the ip addresses assigned automatically to share files across the network?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

No, as long as they've all got IP addresses in the correct range you're sorted, they don't have to be assigned via DHCP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ok so i'm trying to share a folder

both pcs are hardwired to the router and internet works fine on both

i've enabled server service and file sharing and firewalls on each but i can't find the folder??

i've searched network places etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

M cebee wrote: »
    ok so i'm trying to share a folder

both pcs are hardwired to the router and internet works fine on both

i've enabled server service and file sharing and firewalls on each but i can't find the folder??

i've searched network places etc.

Folder sharing is done staticly. Threw a workgroup. There is a thread in this section on it also!

Advertisement