Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My sites not showing up under my domain - Hosting noob

Options
  • 09-03-2010 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm totally at a loss here!

I bought hosting from Digiweb but I have no idea how to get the files to show up under the domain I bought. Can anyone with experience please tell me whats going on? I've ftp'd the files and have an index.html. Is there some set up proceedure I've missed?

The support files on digiweb are getting mr no where! I can only think it's got something to do with nameservers and domainservers (?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 spiderpig2k7

when did you get the domain up and running?

the dns records may not be correct. what domain is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Why not contact Digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Make sure you uploaded the files to the root directory - best bet is to contact digiweb do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Thanks guys, Spiderpig nailed it! I only discovered the joys of propogation last night on forum far away (where people are awake when we sleep!)

For anyone else with similar lack of knowledge -

It takes up to 72 hours for the internet to cop on that you have a new Domain on the web. Due to Server caching which is updated about every 2-3 days by hosting companies.

This was't explicitly explained when I signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Please note that it can take from 24 - 48 hours for your site to become fully accessible on the internet. If you registered for a .ie domain name this can in rare cases take a little longer than 48 hours due to the registration process and documentation required. If after 48 hours from the date on this e-mail your domain is still not available, please send an e-mail to us here at: hosting@digiweb.ie stating your domain name and we will resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

thats from Digiwebs introduction email from back on 2008. Surprised they took it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This isn't the Digiweb support site. In future, if you have a problem with your host, contact your host.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement