Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping Others Stories

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

This is the best forum I could think of to put this-if not, mods please feel free to move it.

I need ideas for stories/songs that reflect the following thought:

"Although we are well intentioned in our desire to help people, sometimes we can be blindfolded by our assumptions about what others need. The only way to remove our blindfolds is to listen to the needs of others, then we can truly help them"

I work on a volunteer program with young people (aged 15-17) and this is one of the ideas that we try to convey through songs/stories. I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas, but my mother works in the local church on the children's mass and regularly has to come with stories/songs to get messages like this across, but she can't think of anything at the moment, so I thought maybe someone on here might do similar work and have some experiences.

Any help would be great-I hope the idea is clear!?!

Advertisement