Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constructive dismissal case with company now going into insolvency?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anybody know how my "Constructive Dismissal" case may be affected by the company in question going insolvent? I have just found out this info and have not been able to discuss with solicitor and I am keen on any info people may have to either confirm my fear that this puts an end to my case or if there are still ways I may pursue this.
    Tks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I was in a slightly similar situation once - I was owed 12k in wages by an ex-employer. I went to a solicitor to see if I could get any of the money and he told me to forget about it as they were going insolvent. Actually when I think back on it now I went to two solicitors and they both told me the same thing.

Constructive dismissal might be different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

But if the company is broke, what do you hope to get ?

An apology?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

I know thread is old but here is an update!

EAT (Employment Appeals Tribunal) heard the case - found in favour....Liquidator processes claim - if monies are not availabe (which the wont be) The Social Insurance Fund pays out and anything the liquidator can recoup is paid back into fund.

Also private insuance pays out on "Redundancy/Involuntary Unemployment" policy on back of winning EAT case.

No apology form ex employer though!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Congratulations and thank you for the update; I wish more people would come back and post the outcome of their issues.

Advertisement