Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike Angling on Lough Derravaragh..

Options
  • 08-03-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Myself and some friends are thinking of trying Lough Derravaragh for pike on wednesday. Just wondering if anybody has fished it recently, we are taking a boat. Any tips as its been a while for us all....:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

troll it deep or dead bait from bank the opposite end of the lake where you get the boat from. the skinny end of it hits over 100 feet in depth at places.

There was good reports from last week of a few 20s caught or so a friend of mine told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

fished it at crookedwood (spelling!!) narrow leg end, a few years back and had good success on trolled dead baits trolled dead slow suspended from floats behind the boat in deep water close to the shore along the drop offs. if weather permits i.e. light winds (which we should have) troll with the oars slowly barely moving along and bingo!! personally i would avoid the very deep water and stay closer to the shoreline. but thats my opinion.

Advertisement