Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Double Din Stereo Recommendations

Options
  • 08-03-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know there have been previous threads about this, but the recommendations tend to be out of my budget.

Currently i have a 05 mondeo with the standard for 6000 stereo. I miss my mp3 cds and the like however, so i am looking to upgrade. I dont need DVD or satnav built in, its too low for a satnav,and if im not watching telly, neither is anyone else. I would like it to work with the steering controls on the car, and usb/sd slot would be handy. Obviously i'd be looking for a good quality sound also. Budget would definitely be under 400yoyo.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭maidhcII

Can you fit a double din into an 05 mondeo I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

maidhcII wrote: »
    Can you fit a double din into an 05 mondeo I wonder?

Well the size is correct, so i assumed you could just take it out and replace. I never thought it miight me integrated with other systems or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hey all,

After much research etc, I've bought a single din sony mext bt3700u radio for my 2005 mondeo. I also have bought all the connectors (to ensure i can still use the steering wheel remote etc), and the fascia adapter. Got all these on ebay, and the stereo on pixmania.

So....my problem is this, I took out the existing 6000cd stereo, disconnected the wires etc, but the faascia adapter didnt "click" into place. Has anyone any experience with this, would the stereo cage hold the fascia in place?

Advertisement