Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget accom from the Independent Weekend mag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I saw that. I've skied several resorts in Switzerland from youth hostels, and it can be a great way to get at the big name resorts. Zermatt, Meiringen, Engleberg, Grindlewald, Valbella all have hostels in resort, and Andermatt and Verbier have them nearby and linked.

In France, you can ski Tignes, Les Arcs, Chamrousse, Serre Chavelier, Val Cenis, Chamonix, Les Deux Alpes, La Toussuire.

I find hostels are great if you are on your own, or skiing with an odd group (like an uneven number of adults, or a bunch of children). They are usually great craic, and provide lots of good local food.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Nice one, I was only looking for a list like this recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Funny this is the 2nd article this year the Indo has done that bangs of commercial intrests paying for it.

Best value accomidation in Europe is the Swiss Nucleur fall out bunkers for €10 a night

Intresting info though

Advertisement