Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oscars and other womens clothes disaster zones -Bwahahaha

Options
  • 08-03-2010 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

After sitting thru Project Runway last night just to hear Heidi Klum saying "you are out" I get an eyeful of the Oscars this morning.

The Oscars are the movie industries annual meat market with the worlds most desireable women on show.

Now there is a hot women thread going on right now but some womens fashions are absolutely hideous. Do women dress for other women cos these creations bring out the Bwahahaha in me.

But none can compare to this Samantha Mumba disaster. Its not big and its not clever.

SamDimondDress.0.0.0x0.200x300.jpeg

Is it me or did Vera go mad in the soft furnishings section at Hickeys fabrics

vera.jpg

Lady Gaga at the Grammy's - thats like really tasteful -its making a cheap Paddys Day hat statement I think.

gaga_performing_grammys_2.jpg

I dont know why they bother -when we just dont appreciate it.

Any clothes disaster -that dont do it for you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

you need to post in the womens forum or celb one

Men like women with the least amount of clothes on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fashion and appearance forum or celb forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

high heels wrote: »
    you need to post in the womens forum or celb one

Men like women with the least amount of clothes on!!!

Not nescessarily so by the way -especially when in a professional capacity, work mode or out on a date etc.

This is more for guys impressions of what doesnt work for us clothes wise.

Guys who post here wont go out looking at the celeb forums or ladies forums. I dont. Maybe we should but we dont.

Its meant to be light hearted but on a serious subject.
    thaed posted :Fashion and appearance forum or celb forum.

Well maybe guys should take a bit more interest in what women wear.

Its not gonna happen if we pigeonhole what can and cant be discussed.

I shop with my girl and spent the past two days with her doing just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

CD - I think it's more how you've phrased your opening post that has people wanting to send it to F/A or Celeb forums. The problem with picking 'outfits in fashion' are just that. They are in 'fashion', by people making statements. It's done in a different manner by women in a day to day way.
    Lady GaGa is known for her odd outfits, she's someone you won't forget. Like Bjork, or other quirky people. They obviously dress for themselves / for a statement / to stand out.
    Others are just perhaps fashion fauxpas - which anyone and everyone will make in their lifetime.

Regarding all of those above outfits, wouldn't wear them if you paid me. I have my own view on what I like/what I think looks good and I'm sure that's different to the next girl.
    If you want guys to discuss outfits on women, you need to specify reality or fantasy. And you need to show more realistic outfits. You're more likely to walk down the road seeing women in skirts/suits/tracksuit bottoms/shorts/dresses than you are to see women in bad spider outfits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

CDfm wrote: »

The Fashion and Appearance forums for male posters as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CDfm wrote: »
    Not nescessarily so by the way -especially when in a professional capacity, work mode or out on a date etc.

This is more for guys impressions of what doesnt work for us clothes wise.

Guys who post here wont go out looking at the celeb forums or ladies forums. I dont. Maybe we should but we dont.

Its meant to be light hearted but on a serious subject.

dude if a woman can't dress her self its not her fault shes not born with look to be able to dress well I'm sure shes good at knitting. like my reply to does my bum look big in this no its perky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

A thread about womens clothes in TGC?

Should this not be moved to a more fabulous section?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I'm inclined to agree with those who say that this thread would be better suited to FaP (i love that forum title).

We can't just add to every topic that we want a "male opinion". Its not just how the site operates. While I often tend to leave things here, that cold well be moved, and would be by other boards.ie Mods, this thread isn't one of them tbh.

Same reason why nearly all forums don't have football or GAA superthreads in them really.

CDfm if you want me to I can move this thread lock stock and two fabulous Manolos all the way to FaP, drop me a line if you want me to do that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement