Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW on mobile boradband?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I just moved into a new apartment and haven't got my broadband sorted yet so I bought the O2 mobile dobgle thing. It has a 15 gig allowance per month and I was wondering how much does wow use per hour maybe?

A friend told me that it should be no more than 50mb per hour?

Anybody know anything about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I have Meteor mobile broadband and it works fine for me. I can get around 3 or 4 hours with 50mb so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Brilliant!

Thanks very much, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i'm thinking about getting mobile broadband to play some wow, does anyone else have any experience with the meteor / 02 mobile broadband in Dublin specifically?

also if anyone has any sway please ask the mods to merge this account with my old one as Finch* xD

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

I use O2 in the North West the odd time and its pretty bad. If you do anything in the background it more or less grounds wow to a halt, I had 5sec delay today waiting on a youtube video to load.
    Im sure it would be better in Dublin where you would get a strong signal

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Works fine for me. I'm on o2. It uses fk all MB.
    Just a bit laggy at peak times but certainly playable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

thanks, can i ask where abouts you are in Dublin? my housemate has meteor mobile so i guess i can give that a try and see what it's like first then i'll try o2 xD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im on vodafone mobile bb and it's fine doesn't go anywhere near the cap

Advertisement