Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting equipment in Austria

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have an upcoming trip to Austria for a bit of skiing and need to rent boots and skis. Anyone have any recommendations for websites that rent them or are they all much the same?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Where are you going in Austria?

Try find the tourist website for the area and they will usually list the shops in the resort and then you can usually google them for websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

bovril wrote: »
    Where are you going in Austria?

Try find the tourist website for the area and they will usually list the shops in the resort and then you can usually google them for websites.

Thanks for the reply. We're going to Mayrhofen in Austria. Will check out the local tourist office website so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

John_Mc
    They guy below is your only man. His shop is based at the top of the Gondola so you dont have to carry your gear up and down every day he hires the best of kit and always has it well serviced and is really customer focused.

Schnapps for everyone to start the morning and good rates make sure you tell him where you are staying as if you are staying in one of his relations hotel there is an extra 10% discount. Let Him know I sent you and he will really look after you.

http://www.skicenter-hubertkroell.com

Make sure you try the Pizza at the hut beside the Board park best pizza on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

luggi in the village is the business too - if you rent skis up top you won't have the easy option of heading elsewhere such as hintertux etc. hintertux on a good day is pretty damn :D

i got intermediate skis & boots for €72 for 6 days i think. the beginners paid €59.

http://www.rentski.info/indexuk.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

mr spuckler1 or 2 days carrying your skies down to go the glacier or 5 days lifting them up and down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

ha ha, didn't bother me carrying skis as i was staying close to the gondola!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭camo11

Mayrhofen is full of ski rental places. Just go to any of them, they are in and around the same price. Try near the Penkenbahn as it will be easier to drop them back on your last day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dunner190

Fattes wrote: »
    John_Mc
    They guy below is your only man. His shop is based at the top of the Gondola so you dont have to carry your gear up and down every day he hires the best of kit and always has it well serviced and is really customer focused.

Schnapps for everyone to start the morning and good rates make sure you tell him where you are staying as if you are staying in one of his relations hotel there is an extra 10% discount. Let Him know I sent you and he will really look after you.

http://www.skicenter-hubertkroell.com

Make sure you try the Pizza at the hut beside the Board park best pizza on the planet.

I agree with this, I used them over the christmas and the service was excellent!!! When you arrive up in the morning, ur boots are nice and warm and slide on much easier... I even changed from carving ski's to twin tips half way through the week and this was no problem and free.

The Pizza place beside the park is excellent too!!!

Advertisement