Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Irish/English emigrant stories

Options
  • 08-03-2010 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm an artist currently working on an exhibition which opens in May of this year. As part of the show, I'm looking for stories from Irish people living in the UK now or who have lived there in the past. I'm also looking for stories from people of Irish heritage brought up in the UK who returned to Ireland to live. I wish to build up a picture of the Irish/English migrant experience, which I myself have been a part of.
    The show will be in Birmingham and takes the form of 2 large cut paper installations which are cityscapes; one of Dublin, one of Birmingham. The stories collected will be made into comic strips scattered throughout the paper scenes, to be found by the viewer. All contributors will remain anonymous.

If you think you can help/are interested in getting involved, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Many thanks

Advertisement