Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr G Ryan wont play ball

Options
  • 07-03-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

I read on one of the papers today that they are going to start rotating the presenters on" the Saturday night" show, on trial with craig doyle and someone else I cant think of right now and going to give a certain Mr G RYAN a go too. But apparently he is having none of it:eek:. He thinks he is too good to be on TRIAL!!, and wont do it. The poor guy:rolleyes: who bold people on another section on this site are always having a pot shot at on his radio show :Dtut!tut!tut!tut!.

Who the bloody hell does he think he is:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Gerry's head is getting as big as the rest of his body it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Unbelievable!:rolleyes: how someone can have an ego as big as his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

By making millions doing very little on RTE for the last 32 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I wouldn't either if I was him. I am not a big fan of his or anything but he has every right to turn it down.

Plus after being with RTE for so long, RTE should know exactly what their getting with a Gerry Ryan chat show without him having to go on trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's a big come down for Gerry all the same. Tubridy used to be his tea boy when he first joined RTE, and now Gerry has to audition for the junior position to him. But I would rather have G Ryan in the main job than that bland FF pr1ck Tubridy any day.

They should have done that rotation thing with the Late Late Show.. I mean what's the point doing it for the second string show??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

If I had to look at his ugly mug on a Saturday night I would probably cry myself to sleep.
    He's certainly got a face for radio.
    Plus, I honestly thing that he is a complete twat, doesn't deserve anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Whatever the reasons are, just be grateful we don't have to endured another Gerry Ryan chat show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

It just shows how little talent there is at RTE.

They should have been grooming Dara O'Braian (don't think I spelt that right) from years ago for the big ones.
    Except..no..they wouldn't do that....Now we have Tubridy (who looks really uncomfortable interviewing people) because he has family links with RTE, and another twat who tries to be funny by insulting everyone he has on. (and not in a nice way)
    Wait till ya see...big Gerry's daughter (the weapon) will be doing something in a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    It just shows how little talent there is at RTE.
    They should have been grooming Dara O'Braian (don't think I spelt that right) from years ago for the big ones.

I think Dara O'Briain would have been a good choice and they should have offered him something if he'd ... ehh.. decided to ... ehhh. get a small bit of ..... eehhhh... training.. He is a funny guy and very natural in front of the camera. I mean if he gets the job presenting Mock The Week above 60 million people in the UK, he's gotta be doing something right.

Tubridy just reads questions from his cards, tries some pathetic scripted "intellectual" metaphors, make references to Kennedy/US/Joyce anything that make him look upper class, tows the FF line, asks the most derogatory, intrusive questions of his guests while batting away the most modest of questions about his own personal life. He's a disgrace, and symptomatic of all that is wrong with this country.

Advertisement