Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-raise after all in?

Options
  • 07-03-2010 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Three players.

Blinds are 10/20.
    Player A has 30 chips.
    Player B has 200 chips.
    Player C has 100 chips.

Player A on the button. Player B is sb. PLayer C is bb.

Player A goes all-in. This is 30 chips.
    Player B then annouces "call".
    Player C then annouces "raise to 80".

I half heard a ruling before where Player C can't raise because A's raise was less than the minimum and B only called. Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

Random wrote: »
    Three players.

Blinds are 10/20.
    Player A has 30 chips.
    Player B has 200 chips.
    Player C has 100 chips.

Player A on the button. Player B is sb. PLayer C is bb.

Player A goes all-in. This is 30 chips.
    Player B then annouces "call".
    Player C then annouces "raise to 80".

I half heard a ruling before where Player C can't raise because A's raise was less than the minimum and B only called. Is this true?
    It's called the under raise rule but it doesn't apply in your example above. Player C has all options open to him i.e call, raise or fold as he has not previously acted in the hand.
    Btw some places interpret the rule differently so it's always a good idea to ask before you play (for the most part in live poker in Ireland anything less than double the last bet is considered an under raise) and afaik online any raise that is less than 1/2 the previous bet is considered an under raise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭aceswild

Daithio9 wrote: »
    It's called the under raise rule but it doesn't apply in your example above. Player C has all options open to him i.e call, raise or fold as he has not previously acted in the hand.
    Btw some places interpret the rule differently so it's always a good idea to ask before you play (for the most part in live poker in Ireland anything less than double the last bet is considered an under raise) and afaik online any raise that is less than 1/2 the previous bet is considered an under raise.
    in this case both players can do as they wish as it makes no difference if its an under raise or not because neither players have acted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

So basically once a player has acted in a hand they can't re-raise an under-raise?

And if they have not acted they can raise if they wish?

Advertisement