Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My landlord is being nasty

Options
  • 07-03-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

She won't do anything. Paying over 1.250.00E monthly and she does feck all whatsoever.

The roof is leaking and water is leaking from the washing machine, we call her up and she goes on about how "in the contract I don't fix it because I already did 3 years ago, so now it's your responsibility"

We have problems up in the attic, it's soaking wet and we are afraid one day it is going to collapse on us including the kids. She does not give a flying fudge.

The house has a few errors, the fridge is not working. We want it fixed. She won't do it.

I'll quote what she says;

"I just bought you a brand new one (last year), it breaks and you expect me to fix it?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

report her and move out. I dunno about where you live but in galway its a renters market.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

report her and move out. I dunno about where you live but in galway its a renters market.

Who should I report her to?
    Oh and it costs quite a bit to move out, the sky digital, phone and all the other stuff, gp/kids schools and you know. Gotta notify everyone that I'm not living there
    I'm in Dublin btw, Tallaght area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It would be a lot of hassel for you to move but do you really want to give her your money every month. She obviously couldn't give a flying **** about you. You would be better off finding a house where the landlord wont act the dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Accommodation & Property

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Move out. Paying 1.25k for a house in Tallaght is the biggest scandal. Give the proper notice and move out. Then report her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Seek legal advice... and sue the misserable beatch...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,356 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The leaking roof is unacceptable. Seriously consider moving out. You can make complaints to South Dublin County Council housing department and the PRTB. www.sdcc.ie www.prtb.ie
    "in the contract I don't fix it because I already did 3 years ago, so now it's your responsibility"
    This sounds strange, but if the roof was fixed 3 years ago, why is it leaking?
    "I just bought you a brand new one (last year), it breaks and you expect me to fix it?"
    Well is that true? It would be abnormal for a fridge to break down after a year and if it did, it would probably be covered by warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Who should I report her to?
    Oh and it costs quite a bit to move out, the sky digital, phone and all the other stuff, gp/kids schools and you know. Gotta notify everyone that I'm not living there

For a tenner myaddress.ie will do most of the notifications of address changing for you with all the major companies.

You can report her to www.ptrb.ie

Ask yourself honestly though - are you mistreating the washing machine/fridge? Because it's very unlucky to have both breaking down if they're relatively new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

How far are you planning to move? There's loads of places to rent in Tallaght for alot less then what your paying now so you'll save money. You don't need to move Doctoer or school if you stay within a certain area and a quick letter/phone call will update your information with them. Things like sky/phone/gas/bins etc etc are piss easy to move, most you can do online or over the phone. Moved there last year and moved tv, phone, gas, esb and bins in 15 mins total. Couple of quid to get an post to forward mail....seriously is that much more effor then dealing with a landlord who won't repair anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Contact Threshold immediately - a leaking roof may mean that you can move out without serving the usual notice.

She's taking the piss in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah no; this does happen and maybe the landlord is exaggerating here also.

When we came here, we had to get the landlord to replace both washing machine and fridge.

Also the toilet was not fastened to the floor so we had floods.. etc etc etc

It is worth also sending a report to HSE; they will give the landlord a little time to set things right.

It is illegal to rent out a place in that state.

They should give landlords a BER rating.....

NB costs around E40 to get mail forwarded by the way.

"Ask yourself honestly though - are you mistreating the washing machine/fridge? Because it's very unlucky to have both breaking down if they're relatively new.[/QUOTE]"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

If its a direct debit cancel it. When she asks where the rent money is, say "I paid you rent last month and you expect me to pay it again?". She might change her attitude then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Stee wrote: »
    If its a direct debit cancel it. When she asks where the rent money is, say "I paid you rent last month and you expect me to pay it again?". She might change her attitude then.

Brilliant!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

1250! I'm moving out and renting my place!
    Have you checked daft for what you can get for 1250 - a brand new pad anywhere in the country.

BTW - that's more than i pay in my mortgage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

Don't be so lazy, stop complaining and just move out for your own sake and that of your family. And who in this day and age is paying 1.25K for a ****ty house in Tallaght! It's a renter's market out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

well the problem was solved

Success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

well the problem was solved

Success.

You moved out?

Advertisement