Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a catholic

Options
  • 07-03-2010 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

To mods

I am an atheist but I would ask for your assistance to qualify what a catholic actually is. I have a few questions. Thanks for your patience.

How often to attend church
    How often should they pray
    How much money should they donate to christian issues or the church
    Should they volunteer

How many people here in Ireland are only catholic by way of a cert from the church, but in reality are not religious in any way.

Please ask other questions or issues I have not considered.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Do you have sex before marriage?
    Do you use any non church approved contraception?
    Do you believe that the communion wafer actually turns into the flesh of Christ and the wine into the blood, not that it represents it, but actually physically (without any apparent change or evidence obviously) changes into his body and blood?
    Do you agree with the church attempting to limit the availability of condoms in countries being ravaged by HIV & AIDS?
    Do you think, given his involvement in the child rape cover up, that the pope is fit to hold the office that he does?

MrP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

MrPudding wrote: »
    Do you have sex before marriage?
    Do you use any non church approved contraception?
    Do you believe that the communion wafer actually turns into the flesh of Christ and the wine into the blood, not that it represents it, but actually physically (without any apparent change or evidence obviously) changes into his body and blood?
    Do you agree with the church attempting to limit the availability of condoms in countries being ravaged by HIV & AIDS?
    Do you think, given his involvement in the child rape cover up, that the pope is fit to hold the office that he does?

MrP
    Oh MrPudding you are soooo getting infracted for bringing stones into the glass house/ sledge hammer into the house of cards.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

irish people are culturally catholic which is retarded. it might make sense if your like the jews but not in our situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Oh MrPudding you are soooo getting infracted for bringing stones into the glass house/ sledge hammer into the house of cards.:(

What is the problem with my questions? The status of the catholic church in Ireland is a very important subject. Teh church claims a very large percentage of the population to be catholic. I would argue that anyone that answers yes to my first two questions and no to the remainder is not a catholic, and I would hazard that "proper" catholic would, if they were being honest, agree.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Troll fest is over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement