Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What recession??

Options
  • 06-03-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

My wife spotted a water stain in the ceiling, under our water tank. I called over to a plumber based in Rathcormac, who assured me he would be over in 15 minutes. This was at 12noon, he was doing a job fitting out his van. At 3pm, he was still fitting out his van and assured me that he would be over, that he hadn't forgotten me. At 7.10pm, I called over to where the guy lived to tell him not to bother coming over, that we'd muddle through somehow. Guess what the reaction was.... OK!! and shut the door.

They had done a previous job for us (servicing our boiler) and at that time, we asked for the ballcock to be replaced. He told me that there was no need and shoved a piece of aeroboard under the arm to "rectify" the problem.

Hopefully have found someone who can come out on Monday. Will let you know how I got on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If there is any suspicion the tank is leaking I think I would be inclined to empty it - if it splits thats an awful lot of water to come through the ceiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Sounds like a right chancer, you'll need a new float there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This does not mean there is not a recession it just means that you might have tried to hire a gobsh1te of a plumber. They will always exist and believe it or not a flashy van and big adverts do not suggest a good plumber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

Im beginning to wonder if there really is a recession myself too.

At least you know who not to call next time you need a plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

AARRRRGH wrote: »
    Im beginning to wonder if there really is a recession myself too.

At least you know who not to call next time you need a plumber

Exactly

• Advertisement
Advertisement