Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Red Sox Game

Options
  • 06-03-2010 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a Red Sox game in April. However, when I look at the schedule I see that games are spread across 3 days. I know little about baseball but I know they only last a couple of hours. Does this mean that the game hasn't been fixed yet but will take place one of those 3 days or that there's 3 games on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

dartsfan wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a Red Sox game in April. However, when I look at the schedule I see that games are spread across 3 days. I know little about baseball but I know they only last a couple of hours. Does this mean that the game hasn't been fixed yet but will take place one of those 3 days or that there's 3 games on?

Thanks.

It means that there are 3 games on.. All teams play mulitple games against each other in a series as the shear size of the country means that the games have to be done that way. However, April baseball in Boston can be prone to postponed games due to weather so watch out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Fenway is awesome. Highly recommend you go. Dodger stadium for me in early May. Looking forward to that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭RizzoJR

dartsfan wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

lets say the schedule says home game Mon Tues Weds

means there is 1 game scheduled for each day

if there is rain Mon and game not played, this game will be postponed
    to later in season when the teams are scheduled to meet again at this
    venue,
    and they will try play the one game on the Tues and Weds.

Unless Mon and Tues were washouts, they might try for a double header on Weds
    ie play an afternoon and evening game on the weds (weather permitting!)
    but so early in the season division teams are usually matched up
    meaning you will have at least another series against this team later in the season.

Its rare that all of these days would see rain (and postponements)
    so if you are around the city for those 3 days you should get at least one
    game in.

I dont know how easy it would be to get tickets,
    if its overcast and good chance of rain dont RISK buying too early!
    probably try the box office at the ground an hour before the game
    and then if sell out, the touts outside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Touts are your best bet for tickets, as the red sox have a record 500 plus Straight sold out games and you won't get a ticket at the box office on the day. Should be fun though if you can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I found touts at Fenway expensive enough too. Might not be worth the money unless you know you like baseball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Touts are your best bet for tickets, as the red sox have a record 500 plus Straight sold out games and you won't get a ticket at the box office on the day. Should be fun though if you can go.

I think this is a bit of a myth. I got tickets last year a few days beforehand and they were selling them at the box office on the day aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

zuutroy wrote: »
    I think this is a bit of a myth. I got tickets last year a few days beforehand and they were selling them at the box office on the day aswell.

Stub hub! Only way to go for Red Sox unless you're booking well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah touts on gameday were asking for double face value,took us an hour to find one who sold at face.Well worth going to a game,great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

You can also try craigslist. Thats where locals would post unwanted tickets for sale at the last minute. its worth a try. You'd have to be in boston to arrange pickup/payment etc.

http://boston.craigslist.org/tix/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8-10 wrote: »
    Stub hub! Only way to go for Red Sox unless you're booking well in advance.

They don't accept Irish credit cards though so you'll need to find a way around that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They don't accept Irish credit cards though so you'll need to find a way around that.

Very good point, had similar problem a couple of weeks ago getting hockey tickets. Luckily I have a UK bank account and card also, they take that.

Otherwise if you're in the US anyway, you can pick up a disposable Visa card, you get them in any 7-11 or CVS or similar. Works like the 3V vouchers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I went to a Red Sox game in Fenway in May 2008. It was an interleague matchup against the Brewers. However as mentioned above early season weather in Boston can be wet and games can be postponed. The game I went to was postponed because of rain but they played it the next day as part of a double header so it was all good in the end. Well worth a visit to Fenway if you can get tickets:

4525282873_a196df8cdc.jpg

4525280529_17c6dd1041.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

[QUOTE=namloc1980;65436389. Well worth a visit to Fenway if you can get tickets:

[/QUOTE]

On my list of grounds to get to. I'm a Mets fan and Citifield has no tradition so although it's good to see games there, it'll be nice to see games at the few traditional grounds left. I didn't get to got to old Yankee Stadium but I did get to Wrigley Field which is great as well but I definitely must get to Fenway and see that green monster in the flesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Fenway is top of my wish list of places to visit, just above Indianapolis and Bristol Motor Speedway...

Advertisement