Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sesame Street

Options
  • 06-03-2010 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone know if this is still being shown? on sky or anything? Was great for me as a kid and reckon it's gotta be way better than tellytubbies for the lil lad :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Bert and Ernie...weren't they openly gay on the show?....bit controversial for childrens tv me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If he figures that out and complains about it, so be it, till then, he's watching it

Besides, the tellytubbies and Barney the dinosaur are hardly sterling figures of masculinity?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

but the tubbies are not human like figures, as for a gay dinosaur...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Bert and Ernie...weren't they openly gay on the show?....bit controversial for childrens tv me thinks.

No they were not.It has been widely accepted for years that Bert is evil...but they are not gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭pagancornflake

And if they were openly heterosexual, would that be inappropriate for the children?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Tg4 are showing it some mornings dubbed into Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

They weren't gay but they were up for a daily fisting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hi All,

Anyone know if this is still being shown? on sky or anything? Was great for me as a kid and reckon it's gotta be way better than tellytubbies for the lil lad :)

Thanks!

Yes but in different formats in different countries. For example it's on UTV or BBC NI (not sure which) and the puppet characters are protestants and catholics learning to live together. It's on in South Africa with the Black, Whites and Coloured characters. It's really sweet and excellent for the kids.

They've a good website. Google it.

Advertisement