Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I Give?

Options
  • 06-03-2010 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Been formally invited to a Birthday Party and since the Guy will be 70 have no idea what to give as a present.
    Friend suggested a bottle of Baileys as its his favourate tipple. Is this good enough or anyone got a better suggestion for something not too expensive but acceptable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Does he really want a present? At this stage of my life (not 70 yet!) I have everything I want. If I can't eat it, it's just more clutter. maybe he'd like this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Does he really want a present? At this stage of my life (not 70 yet!) I have everything I want. If I can't eat it, it's just more clutter. maybe he'd like this.

I'll assume as this is PI that you're not taking the p1ss.. I think those balloon rides are more apt to young lovers trying to impress each other.. taking an elderly relative out for the day.. not so much, not to mention the price..

I'd go with the Baileys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Hip-Flask, with his initials or name engraved on it. Although that may be a bit much as you don't mention your relationship to this person.You don't want to give something *too* good to show up other people who may be closer to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Id go with the Baileys. My Dads the same age and a bottle of his favourite drink always goes down well with him. Its not like someone in their 70s is going to really need anything and at least you know he will make use out of the baileys

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I saw some Baileys gift boxes in the supermarket yesterday, they were a bottle of Baileys in a box with something else (chocolates or glasses, I didn't notice what). Something like that might feel like more of a present than just a bottle. They were being marketed for Mother's Day, I'm sure they'll be in Ireland too.

It was something like this; http://i.groceries.asda.com/g/925/759/5011013925759_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Personal Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Billiejo

iguana wrote: »
    I saw some Baileys gift boxes in the supermarket yesterday, they were a bottle of Baileys in a box with something else (chocolates or glasses, I didn't notice what). Something like that might feel like more of a present than just a bottle. They were being marketed for Mother's Day, I'm sure they'll be in Ireland too.

It was something like this; http://i.groceries.asda.com/g/925/759/5011013925759_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

Good idea!. Bit more 'upmarket' with glasses without overly familiar, since not close-close friend, and (long story) 'good manners' to attend.

Advertisement