Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom Teeth Removal

Options
  • 06-03-2010 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    New to boards. This is my first post.:)
    Went to my dentist, he did some x rays, and it turns out I have to have all four wisdom teeth removed. Went to the consultant, he was lovely, but date for operation is drawing nearer. Just starting to get a bit nervous.:(
    Anyone with any advice, tips or positive previous experiences of having their wisdom teeth removed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I am a Dentist but I also have had my wisdom teeth out. A friend of mine did them under local only. No problems at all, was eating within 1 hour and didn't even have to take a painkiller. These were lower wisdom teeth that were impacted. A little bit of pressure during the procedure but apart from that it was a piece of cake.

My sister was sedated having hers out, she cant even remember the procedure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lee loo

Thanks for that. I'm having a full general for mine. None of the four have come through the gum! So I assume all four will have to be cut out, top two are impacted, bottom two are angular, I think thats what the consultant said. Saw my xrays, all four are fairly badly positioned.
    He was saying it'll be a few after when I can start eating again.
    Just a bit nervous, of having a general I suppose- have never had one before, and don't know who the anaesthetist is either.
    Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samirollins

If you're worried about post-pain, healing process, and timeline, this article can help.

https://www.vancouverdentistbc.ca/how-long-does-wisdom-teeth-removal-healing-take/

Advertisement