Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No access to Parkgate St through main gate 6-11 March

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.phoenixpark.ie/newsevents/title,12860,en.html

Heard this on the radio this morning, traffic heading inbound through the park won't be able to exit through the main gate on Parkgate St for the next few days.

Add this to the lack of right turn onto Auburn Ave from the N3 inbound and we're going to have a fun week (think both are back to normal from Thursday!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Spotted this as well and started a thread in commuting and transport.

monday morning will be worst. After that, people will avoid it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Anyone know why the closure wasn't in effect today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I dunno but the pillar I thought they were fixing seemed to be up this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

They could do with resurfacing Chesterfiled Avenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Apparently the OPW excelled themselves and got all the repairs done at the weekend as Godge posted on the other thread.

Regarding re-surfacing, I emailed the OPW after the cold spell and they said they were seeking tenders to re-surface the road but they were using tar and chips as an interim measure.

Because this is OPW and not council property I actually think there's more of a chance of getting the road done. It wasn't in great nick before the big freeze so surely they must have had road repairs in their budget already?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Everytime they repair the road in the park they do a terrible job. It lasts no time. Considering theres no heavy traffic (trucks etc) on it, its criminal that its done so badly.

Advertisement