Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ski boots in ireland question

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi all,

Hopefully someone here can advise me...

I have skied 4 or 5 times and have a lot of pain as I have fallen arches. But I love yet:)

I've decided that getting my own boots with custom fit insoles may help. I've tried my own orthotics but they didn't help. I'm conscious that its poor feet and posture thats undermining my skiing but i think getting ski boots may help slightly and its a good idea to have your own boots anyway.

Anyway I was in Great Outdoors today and was things were going great - super value in sale, type of boots choosen but as I have small feet (size 25?) they were out of my size.

I'm going skiing Paddy's week and would love to buy in Ireland before hand. The resort (Madesimo) is small so I may not have good purchase options there.

Can anyone recommend a shop? I dont no anything about snow+rock, are they an option?

Any advise please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Think those that know may recommend snow and rock.

Fattes is you man for this information, but have a read of

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055838861

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055748273

I bought my first pair of boots a few years ago in the Great Outdoors - and personally, I seriously regret not buying at a resort. Not at all because of the service, but because until I was actually skiing in the boots, I didn't have a proper feel of them - they were simply too big.

At least in a resort, many shops will let you try out boots, and will let you change them if they are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

howlett: Go to Snow & Rock on Sat the 13th you never know you may just get a big discount as there may or may not be a Sale starting ;)

Guys in there are awsome and really know there stuff and have by far the biggest range in the country plus they have some serious back up in garuntees and after sales support

Have a look at the second link that juke posted covers pretty much evey aspect of boot fitting. Have never heard a complaint from any one that has been fitted there because any one that has had a problem had it sorted

I would trust them with mine and I am a fussy git when it comes to my ski boots. D

juke: No suprise to hear your boots where fittied to big and is one of the biggest problems with poor boot fitters.

Advertisement