Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing Cycling Ireland Membership

Options
  • 05-03-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭

Right I'm trying to renew my membership online and it won't let me continue without picking a UCI Category. The options are Elite and Masters. I'm neither Elite nor a Master.

Do I just pick one and carry on?

attachment.php?attachmentid=106860&stc=1&d=1267826060

Comments

Stick in Elite. That's what was on my licence from last year. My problem is that I can't get the student discount online, anyone know anything bout this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Grand, I'll blame you if they come looking for me. If they don't notice I might try to ride the Giro.

Lol yeah, I was surprised when my card came in the post and had "Elite" written on it. I thought to myself "wahey I'm moving up in the world". BTW you're not a vet are you? Might be different if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Nah, I'm a young 31.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've Elite on my card too..... Which is funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Wheres the option for Elite Vet..???.......................... I've worked / trained hard at getting this old

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

I have to renew my licence too.

What exactly are the privalages of having a licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

drogdub wrote: »
    What exactly are the privalages of having a licence?

Here's a good summation of it:

http://www.epicmtb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9839

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Stick in Elite. That's what was on my licence from last year. My problem is that I can't get the student discount online, anyone know anything bout this?
    You've to pay full wack then apply for the 50% refund in writing. Retarded system and it'll probably take a few months to sort out knowing Cycling Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Sorry for dragging this up but what is the difference between elite and masters if you're over 40 and registering?
    Is it to do with racing the A3 or m40 nationals?
    A3 = elite?
    M40 = masters?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

You need to have masters as a cat if you intend riding any national champs in that catagory. Also some other races (very few) are restricted to masters).
    To ride the Ras etc and UCI ranked races you need to have elite.

Advertisement