Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snugborough Rd/Ballycoolin Rd Junction

Options
  • 05-03-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Good news. They will finally be finishing up the roadworks this weekend and the new roundabout will be in use by 6am Monday.

Of course Bord Gais, the ESB or the county council will probably be digging up the newly laid road surface within a month to lay some pipes or something, but I'll be glad to see the end of that one-way system we've had to endure for ages.

BTW, the junction will be closed to traffic in all directions over the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Monday morning as in this morning ? Never noticed any signs coming from the Tyrrelstown direction saying so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Jip wrote: »
    Monday morning as in this morning ? Never noticed any signs coming from the Tyrrelstown direction saying so.
    Nah, I left Ballycoolin IDA via snugborough road last night 7/3 at about 9pm and the reoadworks were finished with the road fully open in all directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Nah, I left Ballycoolin IDA via snugborough road last night 7/3 at about 9pm and the reoadworks were finished with the road fully open in all directions.

Cool.

BTW, are you stalking me? I work in the Ballycoolin IDA as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Cool.

BTW, are you stalking me? I work in the Ballycoolin IDA as well :D
    Hah. Cant answer that one openly, now can I ;)

Max Power1 wrote: »
    the reoadworks were finished with the road fully open in all directions.

Cool, that should be an end to the big queue of traffic through Corduff in the evenings. However will it spell the return of the massive queue of traffic heading towards Blanch on the Snugborough Road ? I wouldn't imagine so as the volume of traffic seems to have lightened alot since those bad oul days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

SO that's it, if im coming from Corduff to the old back roads to Finglas there are no more road works?

I was out going that way Friday and the roundabout(just at the water tower) was closed to local access only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Yup it's open and the roundabout is free of roadworks.

It's also got five Christmas trees planted in it!

Yup it's open and the roundabout is free of roadworks.

It's also got five Christmas trees planted in it!

Sorry I meant the roundabout before it as you come come onto the ballycoolin road, the one along where the morning entrance to ibm or one of those companies.

Trees on a roundabout, did they not hack the ones down on the roundabout at the back of blanch village/the hospital. Im sure if they are left to grow it will only to the fun of that roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

jeffk wrote: »
    Sorry I meant the roundabout before it as you come come onto the ballycoolin road, the one along where the morning entrance to ibm or one of those companies.

Trees on a roundabout, did they not hack the ones down on the roundabout at the back of blanch village/the hospital. Im sure if they are left to grow it will only to the fun of that roundabout.

That's the same roundabout. Junction of Snugborough and Ballycoolin road. Just beside the IBM 'side entrance' to the business park.

The other roundabout near the Ballycoolin Corporate Park hasn't had any roadworks.

Traffic this morning was grand and there was practically no traffic at the junction. I'll have to see what it's like later today though when heading home.

One thing I noticed is that there is poles setup for traffic lights. They are on the Ballycoolin rd just after you turn left at the new roundabout. I thought the whole idea of putting in the roundabout was to get rid of the traffic lights which slowed traffic??????

Sigh....

Maybe for pedestrians and cyclist ? There were pedestrian crossings there before the works.

• Advertisement

AH right,I got used to saying there's a roundabout there already,I should have said where the lights used to be.

Ill be heading that way next week, so fingers crossed its back to normality,it was a awful nuisance going up to dollys and around.

Advertisement