Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian art

Options
  • 05-03-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Plowman wrote: »

Great visualisation. I was struck by some lyrics to a Kirk Franklin song "My life, my love, my all" recently;

When at last this world shall end
    And Paradise begins with you
    "Well done" you'll say
    When I see your face

It brought home the sense of this world being but a precursor to 'the main event', something that is captured too in this painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭santing

Yes, looking at old masters, Rembrand van Rijn has many beautiful and arresting paintings of CHristian themes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Good thread idea! I like this one:

Course1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Folks, could you scale the picture so it doesn't alter the entire screen size. The option is readily available in file linking sites like image shack. Stephen, I've deleted your post, but feel free to repost if you alter the size. Also, it might help if people gave some info about the pictures - the artist's name etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Yes Fanny, I will do my best to keep it to size, I didnt really mention about my knowledge upon the painting because the OP didnt request for it. But I have to say that the truth behind this painting is an inspired work of the Holy Spirit himself for sure.

Pax Christi
    Sacred Heart of Jesus have Mercy on us, Amen
    Stephen <3

sacredheartchamberst.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

No worries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Kely's picture is The Cross of St John by the weird and wonderful Salvador Dali, painted in 1951. It can be viewed at the Kelvinsgrove Museum in Glasgow.

I love Dali's surreal paintings including his religious works like his version of the Last Supper: 768bg.jpg

I also like some of his secular stuff. For the first few years of our married life we had a print of his "Swans Reflecting Elephants" on our living room wall. Salvador-Dali-Swans-Reflecting-Elephants--1937-132514.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

PDN wrote: »
    Kely's picture is The Cross of St John by the weird and wonderful Salvador Dali, painted in 1951. It can be viewed at the Kelvinsgrove Museum in Glasgow.

I love Dali's surreal paintings including his religious works like his version of the Last Supper: 768bg.jpg

I also like some of his secular stuff. For the first few years of our married life we had a print of his "Swans Reflecting Elephants" on our living room wall. Salvador-Dali-Swans-Reflecting-Elephants--1937-132514.jpg

my Dad has the first painting in his living room, and has had it in there since before I was born, I love that painting of the last supper.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

Advertisement