Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant remember my password

Options
  • 05-03-2010 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Wednesday night I can home a bit drunk from a night out. Anyways my housemate knew my laptop password and had been taking it without permission latley. So Wednesday night when I got home I got a notion to change my password. Now for the life of me I cant remember what I changed the new password too!! Its a Window vista. Any idea how I can reset the password?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Lots of ideas but I don't think were supposed to tell google could be the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

mstan wrote: »
    Wednesday night I can home a bit drunk from a night out. Anyways my housemate knew my laptop password and had been taking it without permission latley. So Wednesday night when I got home I got a notion to change my password. Now for the life of me I cant remember what I changed the new password too!! Its a Window vista. Any idea how I can reset the password?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/f/forgetvistapass.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you still have an admin account you can use it to reset the password

reboot into safe mode and logon as administrator with blank password

otherwise use the nt password reset disk to blank the password
    http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Advertisement