Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone handsets with call barring feature?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Having just moved from BT to UPC fibre broadband and home phone, I'm trying to pick up a couple of replacement digital cordless telephones to use instead of the Siemens one provided. I currently have one old handset — a Panasonic KX-TGA711E bought 4 or 5 years ago — that allows me to set up call barring by specifying number prefixes, e.g. "08" or "15". Very useful when you have a partner and kids like mine. tongue.gif

UPC can provide call barring on the line, but they charge €15 to set it up and €3/month thereafter, so I'd prefer to just buy a phone that lets me do it from the handset. I've trawled through a few catalogues and downloaded user guides for many of the newer telephones, but none seems to have this feature anymore. Sadly, the Panasonic KX-TGA711 is no longer produced as new, and none of the newer Panasonic models I've seen seem to have this feature. Can anyone recommend telephone makes/models that do?

Advertisement