Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An invitation to come see ZONAD in UCI Blanchardstown on Tues 16 March

Options
  • 05-03-2010 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow Dublin 15 people :) meet ZONAD:

I have 15 pairs of tickets (so 30 seats) for a screening of ZONAD, the new Irish comedy starring Simon Delaney to offer to members of this forum.

It'll be in UCI Blanchardstown on Tuesday March 16 at 7pm.

Want them? Just put a post with how many you'd like (1 or 2) below and I'll come back to you about them!

ZONAD_FILM_POSTER.jpg
    From beyond the very limits of our imagination comes a stranger. Who is he? Where is he from? And why is he so fond of our black beer?

Zonad (Simon Delaney) is from space… probably. Or so the Cassidy family assume when they discover an apparent alien in a shiny red space suit and helmet passed out on the living room floor beside the drinks cabinet. The Cassidys and the people of Ballymoran make the intriguing visitor feel very welcome (and in the case of mother Mary (Donna Dent) and teenage minx Jenny (Janice Byrne) they make him feel very welcome indeed).

But Zonad is not a space cadet in the literal sense. Real name Liam Murphy, this alcoholic chancer has escaped from a rehabilitation clinic. At first, Zonad tries to evade the warm welcome of the villagers, although the procession of wanton women and free beer gets the better of him. Why give up on a good thing?

But as Zonad’s philandering rouses suspicion in Ballymoran – in particular for Guy Hendrickson (Rory Keenan), Jenny’s virginal beau – will his ruse be uncovered? And what of his so-called friend and fellow rehab escapee, Bonad (David Pearse), who Zonad ditched? More importantly, can this overweight, self-obsessed alcoholic possibly find it in himself to consider anyone’s feelings other than his own?

A nutty comedy from co-directors and writers John Carney (Bachelor’s Walk, On The Edge, Once) and Kieran Carney (Bachelor’s Walk, The Last Furlong), Zonad filters the nostalgic community of The Quiet Man through a 1950’s sci-fi B-movie while Mel Brooks and Billy Wilder provide the laughter-track. Delaney delivers an old school star turn and the Carney brothers dish up a wonderfully out-of-kilter universe in this “Gleefully unhinged” (Variety) and “Uproariously funny” (Irish Times) new comedy film.

Zonad is on Facebook here and on Twitter here.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Could I have two please? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

When's the screening or any they anytime tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thaedydal wrote: »
    When's the screening or any they anytime tickets?

Heya, it's on Tuesday March 16 at 7pm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Hi

I was wondering could I get 2 tickets please,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hi,

Was wondering if I could get 2 tickets? Such a nice thing to see in this forum :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I too would like tickets please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Put me down for 2 as well please Darragh, and thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi!

Could I have two please!!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Yes please :). 2 tickets over here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll take a couple if there's still any left please Darragh

• Advertisement

Yeah can I have 2 please if there's any left?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Can I have 2 aswell please Darragh

Thanks in advance

Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

could I get 2 tickets please, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

2 please if any left, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

If there are any left I'd appreciate two. Cheers :)

Heya, you're all down for tickets :) Will be in touch during the week with further details. 2 pairs left, just so anyone else reading the thread knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Could I please have a pair also if there's any left? Ta kindly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah can I have 2 please if there's any left?

Ah dojojoe are you bringing your big sister to the cinema :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Probably too late, but if I could have 2 if there are any left or someone drops out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'd love two tickets if they are still going. Cheers.

• Advertisement

And that's them all gone! Thanks so much folks - will drop you a PM with details as soon as I have them. Hope you enjoy it :D

Darragh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

So, 15 Dublin 15 boardsies and their companions hitting UCI at the same time and on the same night - not often that happens!

Anyone fancy heading over to the Hotel for a swift pint/coffee afterwards?

Gaspode wrote: »
    So, 15 Dublin 15 boardsies and their companions hitting UCI at the same time and on the same night - not often that happens!

Anyone fancy heading over to the Hotel for a swift pint/coffee afterwards?

Could be a plan all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Seeing as I'm going to drive from Cork to Dublin for this, a drink will be much needed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

is this gone? i'd love 2 tickets if possible please

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

so sick i missed this. if anyone suddenly can't make it could i be next in line please?

I think BostonB is next in line, so you're after him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

should be an intrsting night seeing as the cinema is closed for the week. You will probabally be the only people in there climbimg over all the work equipment :)

As long as the projector and popcorn machine are working I don't care. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

should be an intrsting night seeing as the cinema is closed for the week. You will probabally be the only people in there climbimg over all the work equipment :)

Is it really closed???

Advertisement