Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1980s animation; any ideas what it was called??

Options
  • 05-03-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,
    A friend and I are suffering major flashbacks. There was an animated piece shown on RTE in the early 80's, very space-age in style. There was no dialogue and was fairly arty. It featured the music of Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene (we think) and consisted of an alien type guy floating/flying thru' various wacky scenes, he had a fly's eyes and could see things as a fly would. Like I say very arty and was used as filler by RTE between proper programming schedules, we're thinking it was early 80's- definitely pre '85 and possibly European in origins, it was about 10 mins long max Anyone else remember it?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Culturalamnesia

Bloody hell!!! This is it!!! How did you remember it? Thanks a million! It ewas shown on RTE as filler wasn't it? Dunno how we mistook Michel Jarre for Kraftwerk, we were only about 8 at the time. Fair play to you. I'm suffering a flashback related seizure as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Bloody hell!!! This is it!!! How did you remember it?

because the question is asked every few months over on the all things retro forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

Thanks for uploading that video. Haven't seen it in ages. When I read the OP's request I got really excited because I've been trying to find the video he was describing for ages and unfortunately the Kraftwork one isn't it. There was another music video used as filler on RTE when I was a kid and was a Jean Michel Jarre song. It wasn't a cartoon. It was an alien / spaceman floating through a space station in zero gravity.

I'd love to know what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I know the one you are on about alright

Haven't seen it in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Bloody hell!!! This is it!!! How did you remember it? Thanks a million! It ewas shown on RTE as filler wasn't it? Dunno how we mistook Michel Jarre for Kraftwerk, we were only about 8 at the time. Fair play to you. I'm suffering a flashback related seizure as we speak!
    To be fair to you, that track is very Jarre-esque, not suprised you mixed them up. I don't remember the video at all, I was 10 in 1980 and would have been watching my fair share of RTÉ at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Saw this loads of times in the 80's.RTE used some pretty far out animations as fillers back then,there was some other strange stuff.

Advertisement