Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remind me; Sayid in Australia?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Anyone care to remind me why he was on the flight in the original timeline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

The CIA or someone struck him a deal that if he convinced an old friend of his to complete a suicide bombing mission then they would reunite him with nadia when he landed back in America. think this was season 2 sometime not sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

From Wiki

"Sayid is picked up by the ASIS and the CIA, They make him a deal: if Sayid can infiltrate a terrorist cell in Sydney, whose members he is familiar with, and uncover stolen C-4, then they will tell him where Nadia is.

Sayid accepts, and is dropped off in Australia, where he meets with his former college roommate, Essam, from Cairo University. Sayid convinces Essam to become a suicide bomber in order for the intelligence to take possession of the stolen explosives. At the last moment, however, Sayid admits that he is working with the CIA, and attempts to allow his friend to escape; Essam realizes that Sayid has deceived him over a woman, and kills himself. The CIA tell Sayid the whereabouts of Nadia and he is given a plane ticket to LA. However, he demands to recover the body of Essam, which require him to stay one more day. Instead he is given a ticket for Oceanic Flight 815. At the airport the next day, Sayid asks Shannon to watch his bag while he enters a gift shop, but she turns him over to the authorities. Sayid is promptly released, and allowed to board the doomed flight."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Thanks guys; that all seems a LONG time ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

But... Nadia got killed crossing the street when Jacob stopped Sayid - wasn't that before Sayid got on flight 815?:confused:
    So why/how did the CIA tell him she was alive?:confused:

Can any on clear this up for me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    But... Nadia got killed crossing the street when Jacob stopped Sayid - wasn't that before Sayid got on flight 815?:confused:
    No, that was after Sayid left the island. Sometime in 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I think Nadia was killed after the O6 escaped from the island.Nadia died then Sayid went bonkers and became Bens hitman.....or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I'm confused.

So the sequence of events in the alternate timeline runs like this:
    The CIA told Sayid where Nadia was.
    Sayid takes flight 815 to LA.
    (Season 6 Episode 6 Spoiler ahead!)
    Nadia is with Sayid's brother, and seemingly Sayid knew this, so why would he need the CIA to tell him where she was?
    Clearly I've missed something.

Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I'm confused.

So the sequence of events in the alternate timeline runs like this:
    The CIA told Sayid where Nadia was.
    Sayid takes flight 815 to LA.
    (Season 6 Episode 6 Spoiler ahead!)
    Nadia is with Sayid's brother, and seemingly Sayid knew this, so why would he need the CIA to tell him where she was?
    Clearly I've missed something.

Help!

I think your confusion is in the nature of the alternate timeline that happened after Juliet exploded the bomb.
    Certain things have happened in this timeline and we are seeing these in the flash-sideways of this series.
    Previously (predominently in the first 3 series) we saw flashbacks to the characters lives pre planecrash - however there are huge inconsistencies between the flash sideways and flashbacks.
    e.g., your Sayid example, Jacks
    parenthood
    , Lockes
    reference to a good relationship with his father
    , Shannon not being on the plane etc. Whilst other big events are the same, e.g., Claire is still pregnant, Locke is still in a wheelchair etc.

So the Sayid who didn't know where Nadia lived in Series 1 has lived a different but similar timeline to this Sayid who does know where she lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I think your confusion is in the nature of the alternate timeline that happened after Juliet exploded the bomb.
    Certain things have happened in this timeline and we are seeing these in the flash-sideways of this series.
    Previously (predominently in the first 3 series) we saw flashbacks to the characters lives pre planecrash - however there are huge inconsistencies between the flash sideways and flashbacks.
    e.g., your Sayid example, Jacks
    parenthood
    , Lockes
    reference to a good relationship with his father
    , Shannon not being on the plane etc. Whilst other big events are the same, e.g., Claire is still pregnant, Locke is still in a wheelchair etc.

So the Sayid who didn't know where Nadia lived in Series 1 has lived a different but similar timeline to this Sayid who does know where she lives.

Makes sense, fair enough, cheers!

I think I've lost the zeal for thinking about the show that I had back in the first few seasons... ah well

Advertisement