Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can social welfare inspectors contact your landlord?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I live with my flatmate who's of the opposite gender and have recently applied for JBA. The inspector arrived to the house to visit me and asked me several times whether I was cohabiting. I'm not but I don't think he believed me. After he left I saw a note that he'd left behind by accident, which said to check for possible co-habitation. I now have to provide a copy of my lease to them and I'm wondering can they contact my landlord to check about cohabitation, since his contact details are on the lease. I know my landlord and for personal reasons I do not want him to know that I'm applying for the JBA. Anyone know whether they will contact the landlord? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement