Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Evoke Propaganda

Options
  • 05-03-2010 6:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

You guys might get a laugh out of this, and I think this forum could do with some posting.

Goons invade Cloud Ring and Evoke decides to post a truly inspirational video. FYI, Evoke are German and apparently rather sensitive about Nazi jokes.

Old Peublo creates a response. No idea who he is ingame.

Some background info that some people might not know:
    - Mister Vee is in charge of goonwaffe bomber wings and a super chill FC.
    - DBRB is another FC, notorious for giving endlessly confusing orders on teamspeak.
    - Dreddit are a bunch of guys who use reddit.com and suddenly appeared in the game with 500 newbies flying rifters around Syndicate. Not surprisingly we adopted them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

The second one is so ridiculous and terrible. It got a laugh out of me. Some of the clips he picked were inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

lol that second vid cracked me up, especially the dancing policemen and the surfers with guns

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sweet jesus that second video is the best thing iv ever seen

(N1gger)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

that was ridiculous ... sooo many switches :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

At the start I was like :eek:

but then I was :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JoeDante

I'm just jealous of the feckers having so much free time to throw together videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Hold on a second.. if goonwaffe ripped on evoke so much then why did they support evoke resetting standings with sys-k:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

In what way did we "support" it? Regardless, we think Sys-K are douchebags and we've spent the last few weeks burning everything Evoke owns so I think our position is pretty clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

But didn't Goons lose EVE?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

demonspawn wrote: »
    But didn't Goons lose EVE?

With no defined goals in eve its hard to win or lose. All you can do is set a goal and try to achieve it. Goonswarms goal was to take Delve from BoB and that they did. Losing it a year later could be seen as losing eve but only if the goal was to hold Delve till the servers shut down.

• Advertisement

WuuZii wrote: »
    With no defined goals in eve its hard to win or lose. All you can do is set a goal and try to achieve it. Goonswarms goal was to take Delve from BoB and that they did. Losing it a year later could be seen as losing eve but only if the goal was to hold Delve till the servers shut down.

Actually, their goal was to cause disorder and chaos. They failed miserably. EVE moves on regardless. And now they have nothing, not a single system. Serves them right if you ask me, they've always been the bottom of the barrel. Karma is a beautiful thing indeed. Anyway, it's nice not having silly Goons spamming CAOD with pointless immature threads, smack talk, and chest beating. I'm glad they're gone and so are many others I know. Good riddance, EVE is a better place without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Actually, their goal was to cause disorder and chaos. They failed miserably. EVE moves on regardless. And now they have nothing, not a single system. Serves them right if you ask me, they've always been the bottom of the barrel. Karma is a beautiful thing indeed. Anyway, it's nice not having silly Goons spamming CAOD with pointless immature threads, smack talk, and chest beating. I'm glad they're gone and so are many others I know. Good riddance, EVE is a better place without them.

Until the blobs return and it's only 2 sided rather than having multiple faces, so bob vs. the north or the north vs. bob.

Yes the goons were bastids and annoying but they made for interesting allies and even more interesting enemies.

R0ot wrote: »
    Until the blobs return and it's only 2 sided rather than having multiple faces, so bob vs. the north or the north vs. bob.

Yes the goons were bastids and annoying but they made for interesting allies and even more interesting enemies.

I always hated the BoB vs. Goons and Co. nullsec scene. It's like the rest of EVE players were just spectators as the recruitment requirements for the above alliances were just ridiculous.

I just joined an NC alliance and there was no talk of private forum membership for X number of months/years, no upfront payment scams, just players wanting to recruit other players to pew pew with. Now that these two alliances are gone, it's opened up nullsec to a huge part of EVE's playerbase that didn't have access previously and that can only be a good thing. I just dread the thought of ex-Goons/BoB sneaking in to these alliances to throw a wrench in the works but I'm sure it's happening as I type this. I guess we'll just wait and see how the current NC/SC war pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Goonswarm recruitment requirements? lol.... :D

I always hated the BoB vs. Goons and Co. nullsec scene. It's like the rest of EVE players were just spectators as the recruitment requirements for the above alliances were just ridiculous.

I just joined an NC alliance and there was no talk of private forum membership for X number of months/years, no upfront payment scams, just players wanting to recruit other players to pew pew with. Now that these two alliances are gone, it's opened up nullsec to a huge part of EVE's playerbase that didn't have access previously and that can only be a good thing. I just dread the thought of ex-Goons/BoB sneaking in to these alliances to throw a wrench in the works but I'm sure it's happening as I type this. I guess we'll just wait and see how the current NC/SC war pans out.

Ahh, the peurile whining of an ignorant empire pubbie who has no idea what he's talking about.

I just dread the thought of ex-Goons/BoB sneaking in to these alliances to throw a wrench in the works but I'm sure it's happening as I type this. I guess we'll just wait and see how the current NC/SC war pans out.

You know Goons just announced they are moving north to Deklein, 1 jump from Venal.

As for ex-BoB you do know who IT alliance are right?

R0ot wrote: »
    Goonswarm recruitment requirements? lol.... :D

The scams they'd pull with asking new recruits for ISK before joining, yes.

You know Goons just announced they are moving north to Deklein, 1 jump from Venal.

TCF are giving us a station <3:o<3:o<3
    The scams they'd pull with asking new recruits for ISK before joining, yes.

This has nothing to do with recruitment. Its a scam. Actual recruitment is done in a different fashion. No one has ever paid to join GoonWaffe/Fleet.

As for ex-BoB you do know who IT alliance are right?

Really? I just moved to Deklien, always wanted to kill a Goonie. And if Goons are "moving" to Deklie like they "moved" to Cloud Ring them we don't have too much to worry about.

Zillah wrote: »
    Ahh, the peurile whining of an ignorant empire pubbie who has no idea what he's talking about.

I lived in Immensea for a year before UNL disbanded. I've been playing since mid 2008. Wait, why am I trying to prove myself to a Goonie troll?

• Advertisement

I lived in Immensea for a year before UNL disbanded. I've been playing since mid 2008. Wait, why am I trying to prove myself to a Goonie troll?

heh, my opinion of UNL has droped slightly!

heh, my opinion of UNL has droped slightly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

My internet spaceship crew is better then yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

My internet spaceship crew is better then yours.

My internet spaceship has stairs in it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

TCF are giving us a station <3:o<3:o<3

This has nothing to do with recruitment. Its a scam. Actual recruitment is done in a different fashion. No one has ever paid to join GoonWaffe/Fleet.

You are now officially a pet of the french. How's it feel? The baguette comfortable up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Your former alliance got owned like no other in eve, how did that feel?

Kepti wrote: »
    Your former alliance got owned like no other in eve, how did that feel?

Pretty fun while it was happening actually. Not so much at the end but there was some good fights.

Coranor wrote: »
    You are now officially a pet of the french. How's it feel? The baguette comfortable up there?

My account is inactive, but that aside, living with the french gives goonwaffe a good base for joining NC ops in the current war. Its not like we're paying any rent or anything like that, we and TCF have been buddies for years. Not like it was the first time we've lived with someone else, RA sheltered us for a very long time.

My account is inactive, but that aside, living with the french gives goonwaffe a good base for joining NC ops in the current war. Its not like we're paying any rent or anything like that, we and TCF have been buddies for years. Not like it was the first time we've lived with someone else, RA sheltered us for a very long time.

Yeah but ra are russian. tcf are french. There's a big difference between a russian bear standing over you and a baguette wielding tit with garlic breath.

In truth i'm interested to see what the goons have left. Takes a lot to come back from something like that. Curious to see whats held together and whats fallen off.

• Advertisement

Coranor wrote: »
    Yeah but ra are russian. tcf are french. There's a big difference between a russian bear standing over you and a baguette wielding tit with garlic breath.

In truth i'm interested to see what the goons have left. Takes a lot to come back from something like that. Curious to see whats held together and whats fallen off.

From some of the posts in CAOD it would seem that many Goons are now in a corp called Dreddit. Same semi-retarded posting style as the Goons we've grown to despise. The rest are in an alliance called SOLONUBSROFLSOLONUBSROFLSOLO or something along those lines, go figure. Confirming Goons have a station in DKUK called....wait for it....fofofofofofofofofofofo. I'm not joking. Oh, and it turns out Goonies are blue to my new alliance. :rolleyes: I was thinking of joining Evoke, IT, or Atlas to kill some Goons but to be honest, those guys are ****e.

Edit: Funny story, a few of us went out chasing some Evoke gang around Deklein and were joined by a gang from Dreddit. Not even half an hour into it and one Dreddit moron actually targeted one of our logis and fired on him for about 15-20 secs until he realized that his target was in fact blue. With blues like that who needs reds?

Advertisement