Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating over a dry wall

Options
  • 05-03-2010 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I don't think this question has been asked in another thread ...

I'd like to add 50mm insulated plasterboard over and existing dob-and-dab'd drywall.
    I've been told that there's no need to remove the existing drywall, that I should just be able to fix the insulated board directly onto the existing drywall. What's not clear is how I should fix the new insulated plasterboard onto the existing plasterboard.

Q. Is it sufficient to use adhesive/PVC/dobs of plaster + drywall screws or do I need to go through the existing drywall and fix onto the block wall somehow?

Q. Also, how do I ensure that there is a continuous vapour layer around the top/bottom and side of the insulated plasterboard? Is there a tape/compound that I can apply to seal the edges?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement