Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing microchip info

Options
  • 05-03-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Hey all! I recently got a 7mth old cat and need to change the owner info on his microchip. He was initially gotten from the DSPCA and chipped by them. Any idea if i need to go back to them and get it done or through my local vet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

You should have gotten a form with a code on it which matches the ID in the tag. Then you would need to login to a website with the code, and change the info there.

If you didn't get this info, then you probably need to contact the DSPCA!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Glowing wrote: »
    You should have gotten a form with a code on it which matches the ID in the tag. Then you would need to login to a website with the code, and change the info there.

If you didn't get this info, then you probably need to contact the DSPCA!
    Nice one Glowing thanks. Ill contact the previous owner to see about the code.Believe it or not, this is the first time having a pet "chipped" so no clue of the protocol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Isn't there an issue in Ireland in that there's more than one database ? So for example you could have the case where your pet is registered on one and the vet only has access to the other meaning they won't find your details.

Sounds amazingly stupid to me.

Advertisement