Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frightened Rabbit

Options
  • 04-03-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

Just got their new album (the winter of mixed drinks), and listening to my first play through.

damn it's good, is it as good as midnight organ fight? or sing the greys? only time will tell but i'm loving every minute of it so far.

So what do the rest of you guys think?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Heard a few of the singles think it's way over produced. The 'cure for cancer song' is just drivel. Nearly all instruments are toned down and it's killed the sound imo. Way too polished, notthing raw edgy or new about it and when you compare it to their previous efforts it's a step in the wrong direction. I'm all for change but this to me one in the wrong direction. Lyrically as well i think it's downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

The Midnight Organ Fight is one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years, don't think The Winter Of Mixed Drinks has lived up to it yet but I'm willing to give it a lot more listens! I really think they're a fantastic group, Scott Hutchinson is one of the most talented songwriters going at the moment and I love that Scottish indie background that they come from, their mates The Twilight Sad too for example. Going to see Frightened Rabbit in Paris next month, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

^+1 MOF is a great album!

New stuff is probably making up for the "Break up" album and they thought writing more upbeat tracks that'd it cure that and get a wider audience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've been a bit underwhelmed by the new stuff too. Midnight Organ Fight was a great album and I think they're a solid live band.

Hopefully the album as a whole is better than the bits I've heard so far though.

Advertisement