Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TGI Overcharging on alchol

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I went into TGI the other week and ordered a drink, 5.50 for a Jameson and Ice, now thats a complete rippoff compared to the 3.50 it usually costs in pubs, what so special about TGI that it charges you that much extra, and dont get me started on the food, such small portions that cost way to much in the American TGI's they have huge portions of food, and I thought Eddie Rockets was bad.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Archeron

I learned my lesson here a while ago. 2 bad burgers, 2 sides fries, and 2 "malts" which were like melted down balloons, and it cost 40 euro. McD's would have been so much nicer, and quarter the price.

And all served by an ignorant ass who honestly seemed like he would rather spit on me than serve me and developed a major problem when I asked him to open the wheelchair accessible door so I could bring my mum in (who was in a wheelchair, I wasnt just being awkward).

I'd been there once before on a work night out where it took them 3 hours to bring our food out, at which point everybody was a bit drunk, and wanted to just move on somewhere else, but they caused a scene and demanded that we had to pay for the food because we'd ordered it. We were served at about 11.30pm after countless enquiries about what was going on. My boss backed down and paid, and the food was left virtually untouched. Again, even asking for the directions to the toilet that night resulted in one waitress giving me the most evil evils I've ever gotten and a gutteral grunt while walking away from me. A kind fellow patron showed me where they were instead.

I have never ever heard anyone say anything good about that place and if I heard of it closing, I would laugh and applaud.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nachoman wrote: »
    what so special about TGI that it charges you that much extra.
    They charge €4 for all pints all day everyday (and many cockails are €5), they obviously make the other money off people who do not avail of this. €3.50 is an extortionate price too, thats €70 for a 700ml bottle, I got one in tesco at christmas for €16. You're mad to buy spirits in a pub, its strange that people just accept these prices for spirits, it reminds me of the way many people just accept takeaway pizza costs a fortune when their menu (non-offer) prices are completely out of line with other takeaways.

And don't get me started on longnecks, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055411189

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

rubadub wrote: »
    They charge €4 for all pints all day everyday (and many cockails are €5), they obviously make the other money off people who do not avail of this. €3.50 is an extortionate price too, thats €70 for a 700ml bottle, I got one in tesco at christmas for €16. You're mad to buy spirits in a pub, its strange that people just accept these prices for spirits, it reminds me of the way many people just accept takeaway pizza costs a fortune when their menu (non-offer) prices are completely out of line with other takeaways.

And don't get me started on longnecks, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055411189

€4 for pints during the day, eh, I must start drinking in the mornings.

Advertisement