Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What classification are you[alki's that is]

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Just have an hour to spare before I hit the road back home and thought to log and ask this...
    ... if your Dr or other wise had a term for your condition what was it.
    Me being me ended up an borderline dependent.!:rolleyes: and yee I had to look it up on the net as the mind tends not to listen to my GP.
    Take your time now as their is only about 6 off us here and thats being optimistic I guess.
    FM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

I was at a meeting once where this young lad was sharing. It was his first meeting and, as you would be, he was a bit nervous. He starts "I, I'm not quite sure if I am an alcoholic...." to which an old guy with 30 years 'service' beside him bellowed "Course you're a f**kin alcoholic - why else would ya be here!"

Anyway, back to your question... I'm an alcoholic. I'm not sure if I believe in all these 'types' stuff. You either are or you aren't. It's like being pregnant. You can't be 'borderline' pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

Shayman wrote: »
    I was at a meeting once where this young lad was sharing. It was his first meeting and, as you would be, he was a bit nervous. He starts "I, I'm not quite sure if I am an alcoholic...." to which an old guy with 30 years 'service' beside him bellowed "Course you're a f**kin alcoholic - why else would ya be here!"

Anyway, back to your question... I'm an alcoholic. I'm not sure if I believe in all these 'types' stuff. You either are or you aren't. It's like being pregnant. You can't be 'borderline' pregnant!

Fair enough Shay but I tend to follow what the pro's are running down my throat and if they say jump I say how high!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

How can you be an alcoholic and not dependent? I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

[-0-] wrote: »
    How can you be an alcoholic and not dependent? I don't get it.

sorry I am not being clear

see dependency at

about.com:alcoholism
    or
    alcoholism.com
    A bit off research goes a long way.

Advertisement