Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTouch Radio

Options
  • 04-03-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

is it possible to get a radio for an itouch that doesn't require internet access to use?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Basicilly wrote: »
    Hi,

is it possible to get a radio for an itouch that doesn't require internet access to use?

Cheers

Pretty sure it doesn't have the hardware for radio built in so an app wont do it and you will have to search to see if there's some additional hardware to allow you to listen to the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Basicilly

Thanks draffodx

Anyone know what hardware is needed and where i could get it,

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You need to look for an ipod radio tuner, apple have there own one but I think it only works with the nano versions, not sure, I believe there is non for the iPhone but there might be a 3rd party one for the touch

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Basicilly

Cheers,

anyone know of a third party that provide an ipod radio tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Since a mobile phone is a radio, it seems strange that most mobiles don't have one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

komodosp wrote: »
    Since a mobile phone is a radio, it seems strange that most mobiles don't have one

Most mobiles do with the exception of iPhones. Nokia is the largest manufacturer of FM radio receivers in the world!

Advertisement