Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing a hardwood floor that's full of dart holes?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 6:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how to do this? I'm sure there is some of you out there that are just as stupid as I am and have messed up their hardwood floor with bounce outs!

Problem is that I am in a rented apartment and the floor is looking like it has woodworm at this stage. Need to fix it somehow and then use a mat.

Anyone DIY experts out there have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

dirt

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭JamBur

Is the floor stained or just a clear varnish? A bit of wood filler, sand level, and then stain/varnish to suit. Should do the job to a sufficient standard I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭superref

yeah try hitting the board in future you obviously a s**t player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

cover with mat.
    take down board.
    worry about holes in wall..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

dvae wrote: »
    cover with mat.
    take down board.
    worry about holes in wall..

lol holes in wall easy to fix!

As others have asked.
    Is it stained or clear varnish? If stained your in luck. If not don't worry.
    The first is easy. Fill, sand and stain.

If the latter then be prepared to lose a day or so. you'll need to sand down the floors as per above but do not fill in the holes. Rather just re varnish in two layers. This should fill the holes.

After fixing the floor. Buy a decent mat or get a door mat like this one:
    3A042616rubberringmatoscom.jpg

and another one on top to catch the darts. Even a bathroom mat on top.
    Maize%20Bath%20Mat.jpg

It may look silly but it saves your darts and the floor damage = win win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

As above Sand --> filler --> Stain. Then get one of these bad boys Mat for the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cheers lads, I'll invest in some filler so.
    superref wrote: »
    yeah try hitting the board in future you obviously a s**t player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭superref

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Cheers lads, I'll invest in some filler so.

Careful now!

nothing wrong wit that im just telling him the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DJ_U4EA

Those liquid Compeed bandages are quite good for fixing holes in wood. Simply pour enough on to fill the mark in the wood, then wipe the excess clean and allow to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Stop throwing at the floor King ! Also take out the lightbulb and close the blinds when the landlord calls ;):D:D ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement